Radisson Hotel Kitchener
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$163
US$61
Victoria Motel(Kitchener)
US$63
TripAdvisor
All reviewssleep numbercharcoal steakhouseroom was cleannice hotelbreakfast buffetfairview mallgreat place to staywould highly recommend this hotelparking lotnice stayone night staylittle priceygreat roomwafflesbusiness tripoff the highwayfridge and microwave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2012

positive: friendly reception, children receive welcoming present, location, very clean room, free Internet (LAN)
negative: Parking must be paid, we were given a room close to the elevator even though we had explicitly asked for a room far from any elevator (fortunately the room could easily be changed), breakfast selection is really very poor, old fashioned interior, constant humming in the room (from a/c above ?), fridge had to be unplugged in the night because of its loud volume, mattresses of one bed could not be adjusted (battery of remote control empty?), ventilation in bath room was extremely loud, no showers (this is really disgusting) or changing rooms (!!!) at the swimming pool.

This hotel is far below European standard. Would not go there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shenn1801
Samantha W, Guest Services Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

We appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand the there were some issueswas of concern during your stay and guest satisfaction is our highest priority so we have brought your comments to our hotel team to resolve this opportunity. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can be succeessful in resolving these issues. I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you travel to Kitchener. I would like to discuss how we can rectify this for you and "wow" you the next time! I will be in contact at your convenience.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Good things and bad things about the hotel but all in all i would come again. Flat screen tv is good, okay size room. Bad office chair though as it does not adjust. No Hot Tub. Some rooms have Microwave and Fridge, some do not. Its away from busy Hi-way so better than holiday inn that way. Breakfast is only hot/cold buffet so it can be pricey if you dont have a discount.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MrTravel007
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

On behalf of our entire staff at the Radisson Hotel Kitchener/Waterloo, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience during your recent stay with us. I have addressed the concerns you have presented with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

The location is convenient to the Kitchener-Waterloo area, and two good restaurants are nextdoor (a steakhouse and an Italian). The rooms are relatively small, two double beds, a small desk with a chair, but there are a coffeemaker, small fridge, and microwave. There is some sign of wear and the place is not sparkling but clean. Three levels of wireless access, the slowest is free, and there is a computer desk in the lobby with a printer, it's pretty slow. Staff is friendly and supportive. Self-service breakfast is nothing to brag about but has some variety. Pricing is interesting, about $140 for the first day and half that for the second day.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gerry M

On behalf of our entire staff at the Radisson Hotel Kitchener/Waterloo, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience during your recent stay with us. I have addressed the issues that you have presented with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I like to stay at the Hampton Inn when visiting Kitchener but it was booked solid so I booked at the Radisson on the strength of its online reviews. Check in was a breeze and the staff were polite and professional in every respect. The room was very clean including the microwave and fridge (no easy feat). I liked the swivel chair for the desk and business travellers should like this feature. I had a king size bed with the dial a number. I was skeptical at first but it seems to work okay. I had no problem with the mattress as is. For pillow lovers there a large number of bolsters and pillows to choose from even though I am quite content to have one for my one head. Furniture looked a bit old but was clean and functional. Armchair with settee was nice to have.

The bathroom was spotless and the towels fluffy and of good quality.The internet was free and available through Wifi and ethernet. however it looks like in the future there will be 3 tiers of service: free, $7.99/day and premium $14.99/day.

Despite being next to the highway, the noise wasn't a problem for me or my son.

The swimming area was exceptionally clean and well maintained. Unfortunately there is no hot tub like the Hampton Inn and the pool is chlorine instead of salt water.Towel supply was good. There are no change rooms for the pool or gym. The pool is quite small and the fitness centre is too small to really qualify as much of a gym.

Location was fine. 5 km from the Kitchener City Hall. Right off Hwy 8 and easy to get to 401. Shopping mall is very close by. It seems two of Kitchener's better restaurants, Del Dente and Charcoal Steakhouse are right next to the hotel which is very convenient. There is also a Martini bar. The restaurants' offerings are available through room service.

Overall I would still choose the Hampton Inn as a way better value because of the salt water pool, hot tub, complimentary coffee/tea in the lobby and breakfast buffet. Staff are excellent and well trained at both locations. Both are very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank condo6290

On behalf of our entire staff at the Radisson Hotel Kitchener/Waterloo, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience during your recent stay with us. I have addressed the issues you have brought forward with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I really enjoyed the Radisson. The desk people and housekeeping staff always says hello and are very helpful. My room cleaner even left me Lindor truffles, made my day when I got back to my room:). The location is great if you like to shop - you are right across from the Fairview Mall. It also has a great steakhouse and martini bar right next to it - which is super convenient, but there is a separation so you don't hear anything at night. They seemed to be very popular (always a good sign). I learned later that you can actually get to them through the hotel without going outside but you'll have to ask the desk. I actually like the sleep number bed, I thought it was very comfortable. Very good value, I was happy.

Room Tip: Mine was on the top floor - it was very clean and quiet - and you get a big flat screen tv:)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JetSetBlu

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. 100% customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.