“Radisson is a go”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Oshawa, Canada
“Radisson is a go”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Our suite was spacious and clean and quiet. The two tv's had a great picture, and the washroom was large and very clean. The extra large bed was comfortable, and the hallways were very clean. The location was handy to everything you would be looking for, and the roads to and from the hotel were easy to locate. The free breakfast was good and many hot choices were available. Overall we wer vert happy with this two night stay.

Room Tip: The suites are great and reasonably priced.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I do hope that you will stay with us again and we look forward to the opportunity to "wow" you once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Ottawa, canada
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed two nights in this hotel May 2012. There were only two of us however they gave us 2 double beds. Would've preferred 1 bigger bed but that is alright. The beds however were sleep number beds so I couldnt ever get comfortable with it. There were a bunch of girls from some sports competition, they took over most of the lobby however they didnt disturb us and very quiet. The pool was nice, it was only my boyfriend and I in it when we went, however we attended the adult only swim knowing all the kids there would make it uncomfortable and not fun. Parking was free which is always a plus. Had a great stay none the less.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall visit. I am sorry that you found the bed in your guest room to be uncomfortable. Please know that on any future visits to our area we do have a floor with guest rooms that do not have the sleep number beds. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Kitchener/Waterloo you will once again be our guest and allow us to "wow" you.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2012

STAYED ONE NIGHT IN AUGUST 2012.

THE BAD - Rooms are quite small ... 2 beds take up most of the room. It had the smallest lobby restaurant I have ever seen. They allowed 10 teenagers to take over the pool...screaming and doing meat-headed UFC reinactments, which intimidated all the smaller kids. Front desk did nothing about it...Found a tiny bug under mattress and another on top of the air conditioner...i've never seen a bed bug, but .....so we left and spent night at a relatives.

THE GOOD - Free parking, flat screen TV, location next to mall (but the area is not very nice)...

Room Tip: Check under mattresses before checking into room !!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you found your room to be too small and also that your experience in our swimming pool was less than what was expected. We do take all feedback provided and use it to fine tune our guest's experiences.
Germany
Reviewed 4 June 2012

positive: friendly reception, children receive welcoming present, location, very clean room, free Internet (LAN)
negative: Parking must be paid, we were given a room close to the elevator even though we had explicitly asked for a room far from any elevator (fortunately the room could easily be changed), breakfast selection is really very poor, old fashioned interior, constant humming in the room (from a/c above ?), fridge had to be unplugged in the night because of its loud volume, mattresses of one bed could not be adjusted (battery of remote control empty?), ventilation in bath room was extremely loud, no showers (this is really disgusting) or changing rooms (!!!) at the swimming pool.

This hotel is far below European standard. Would not go there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shenn1801
Samantha W, Guest Services Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
We appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand the there were some issueswas of concern during your stay and guest satisfaction is our highest priority so we have brought your comments to our hotel team to resolve this opportunity. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can be succeessful in resolving these issues. I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you travel to Kitchener. I would like to discuss how we can rectify this for you and "wow" you the next time! I will be in contact at your convenience.
London, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Good things and bad things about the hotel but all in all i would come again. Flat screen tv is good, okay size room. Bad office chair though as it does not adjust. No Hot Tub. Some rooms have Microwave and Fridge, some do not. Its away from busy Hi-way so better than holiday inn that way. Breakfast is only hot/cold buffet so it can be pricey if you dont have a discount.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MrTravel007
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
On behalf of our entire staff at the Radisson Hotel Kitchener/Waterloo, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience during your recent stay with us. I have addressed the concerns you have presented with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The location is convenient to the Kitchener-Waterloo area, and two good restaurants are nextdoor (a steakhouse and an Italian). The rooms are relatively small, two double beds, a small desk with a chair, but there are a coffeemaker, small fridge, and microwave. There is some sign of wear and the place is not sparkling but clean. Three levels of wireless access, the slowest is free, and there is a computer desk in the lobby with a printer, it's pretty slow. Staff is friendly and supportive. Self-service breakfast is nothing to brag about but has some variety. Pricing is interesting, about $140 for the first day and half that for the second day.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gerry M
On behalf of our entire staff at the Radisson Hotel Kitchener/Waterloo, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience during your recent stay with us. I have addressed the issues that you have presented with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.
Toronto
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I like to stay at the Hampton Inn when visiting Kitchener but it was booked solid so I booked at the Radisson on the strength of its online reviews. Check in was a breeze and the staff were polite and professional in every respect. The room was very clean including the microwave and fridge (no easy feat). I liked the swivel chair for the desk and business travellers should like this feature. I had a king size bed with the dial a number. I was skeptical at first but it seems to work okay. I had no problem with the mattress as is. For pillow lovers there a large number of bolsters and pillows to choose from even though I am quite content to have one for my one head. Furniture looked a bit old but was clean and functional. Armchair with settee was nice to have.

The bathroom was spotless and the towels fluffy and of good quality.The internet was free and available through Wifi and ethernet. however it looks like in the future there will be 3 tiers of service: free, $7.99/day and premium $14.99/day.

Despite being next to the highway, the noise wasn't a problem for me or my son.

The swimming area was exceptionally clean and well maintained. Unfortunately there is no hot tub like the Hampton Inn and the pool is chlorine instead of salt water.Towel supply was good. There are no change rooms for the pool or gym. The pool is quite small and the fitness centre is too small to really qualify as much of a gym.

Location was fine. 5 km from the Kitchener City Hall. Right off Hwy 8 and easy to get to 401. Shopping mall is very close by. It seems two of Kitchener's better restaurants, Del Dente and Charcoal Steakhouse are right next to the hotel which is very convenient. There is also a Martini bar. The restaurants' offerings are available through room service.

Overall I would still choose the Hampton Inn as a way better value because of the salt water pool, hot tub, complimentary coffee/tea in the lobby and breakfast buffet. Staff are excellent and well trained at both locations. Both are very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank condo6290
On behalf of our entire staff at the Radisson Hotel Kitchener/Waterloo, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience during your recent stay with us. I have addressed the issues you have brought forward with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#1 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Radisson Hotel Kitchener? Share your experiences!