“Jamaican patties”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Neighbourhood: City Commercial Core
Neighbourhood: City Commercial Core
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Delicious. Would pop in for lunch all the time. Great service. Delicious food. My favorite being the beef patties.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have not been to the restaurant, my wife picked us up some takeout. We had the goat, chicken and beef roti. I love roti and have had it from many different places and this in my top 3.
I wish I lived closer to Kitchener. Can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I came here with a friend and I went back twice on my own while visiting KW. The food is excellent - tastes like home cooking Caribbean food. The soup is also extremely tasty. If you`re lucky they will also have some home made ginger beer on hand.

I read some other reviews where people complained the staff was cold. This place is more like a diner and after they see you once or twice, they will warm up to you.

The food is very cheap. My other friend who went with us said she`s coming back with her family.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Rainbow is a downtown staple, and the go-to destination for Caribbean take-out. They do also have a small seating area. Service is cafeteria-style, and not overly friendly, but the food is excellent.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Been walking by the restaurant for months, finally stopped in. One of my better decisions. I tried the curried goat, which was very tasty. It came with rice and peas, plantain and a side salad, all for $11. Will keep you full for a long time. I will definitely be back to try the ox tail.

1  Thank Derek400