“Happy Place”

Knights Inn Kitchener
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I really enjoyed staying at Kitchner Knights Inn - very friendly staff, always willing to assist and help out, tidy and quiet rooms - very recommendable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 September 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a very good stay. We came all the way from Mumbai India and were very nicely treated by the hotel management. We had absolutely no difficulty at all and would love to come back again for staying here. Any one who would want accommodation at the right price should stay in this motel. I wish the hotel owners all the success. Thank you once again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Not your nicest hotel for sure. You will get what you pay for. I paid $69 per night for a Fri and Sat stay. The noise is unbelievable as this hotel attracts baseball and hockey teams. Unless you are on a tight budget, you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank thumper114
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The first thing that I like about this Inn is that they have very nice and friendly staff, who helped me a lot with everything. Especially that I'm new to this area and they were of a great help to me.

The pool seems to be very clean and very tempting, specially in the warm weather here, it is a very good way of releasing your heat! The rooms are very clean and there is free Internet which I'm very happy with. In general I feel really happy with my stay here.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I am from Iran. I found this place clean, friendly and nice. Good swimming pool for summer visitors.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My wife and I along with another couple thought this would be a good deal when we traveled down for a wedding in Kitchener. When we arrived the only thing worse than the smell in both room we had rented was the atrocious odor from the lobby/office building.
Would strongly recommend not saving yourself an extra $20/night and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank davism979
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Whoboy...where to begin. Well, one good thing I can say is that the front desk folks are really very nice. When we checked in, the lady at the desk seemed to be truly interested in our comfort and satisfaction but, I don't she could have performed a miracle.

We asked for a non-smoking room and that's what we got. Not a hint of smoke so that was good. The bed linens and towels were clean and appeared to be fresh but a little shabby. The furniture, bathroom and, the room in general, are in desperate need of a face lift. The wall paper is peeling in places; not sure when the carpet was last cleaned; and, there's mold growing in the grout on some of the bathroom tiles. The doors and trim should be repainted at the very least but really...they should be completely replaced. The room we were in was a mess...there, I said it!

Apparently they serve coffee and muffins after 7 a.m. but, I would just go to Tim's across the road for a quick breakfast. The coffee was simply undrinkable and, by 8 a.m., there were no muffins left...hmmm.

I guess in some instances, you really do get what you pay for...in this case, not much. I was relying on some of the other reviews and hoping for the best. I've done it in the past and have been rarely disappointed so...guess I've learned my lesson. Pay the extra few bucks and find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank SunnyCalGirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo

Been to Knights Inn Kitchener? Share your experiences!