“Good place to stay close to Highway”

Knights Inn Kitchener
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Stayed one night April 5, 2013. The room was clean and the bed and pillows comfortable. Nothing fancy but the room had a fridge. Close to the highway as I was a vendor at the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street will be quitter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Kitchener

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We went to Stratford for a show, and decided that it is too late for us to return home in Toronto. Knights Inn of Waterloo, which is right by the highway and 30 minutes away from Stratford, fits in nicely as a solution, and in spite of the fact that it is not your typical 5 star hotel. This arrangement also gave us a chance to continue with our fun the next day before our return to our sweet sweet home:picking up an inexpensive but decorative watch from the farmer's market, hiking on the mountaintop of Waterloo with a magnificent view of this "Silicone Valley" in Canada, and enjoying all you can eat sushi at our Waterloo student children at Yu's Restaurant. Thanks Knights Inn staff for the complimentary breakfast and newspaper!

Room Tip: If cleanliness is your priority, you may want to bring your own towels and blanket just for your own...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Spend my weekend at Knights Inn Kitchener last weekend, it was really an amazing experience to be there. the front desk was available for all the help i required as a tourist. being new to a place is always scary, so it's always the staff of the Motels who can be your best advisor about a city. i really appreciate all their help. The room provided to me was worth my money spend, it was clean and all the basic reqiurements were available in the room. I always notice my washroom when i stay in any hotel, and i would rate Knights Inn really high in this respect aswell. So, I'm definitely staying there next time when i am in Kitchener. Really appreciate the hospitality of their staff.!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed here while visiting family.
Worst hotel ever.

The girl in the room next to mine was a hooker turning tricks, she even offered me a "neighbouly discount". She was pretty busy most of the night, as the walls are paper thin and I heard pretty much everything.
I saw many questionable and nefarious looking people coming and going at all times, I even witnessed a very open and shameless drug deal.

The only reason I spent the 2 nights here was I was alone and barely spent any time at the room. I pretty much used it for sleeping and showering. Had I been with my family on a vacation I would have gone elsewhere.

A family member I was visiting showed me an article on the local newspapers website that detailed an arrest of a suspect in a grisly murder and dismemberment case who was staying at the same hotel a couple months earlier.

The only good thing was that there is a Tim Horten's across the street.

Stay far away from this cesspool.

• Stayed: March 2013
10  Thank TravellingForALiving
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Got to the motel only to find that they couldn't fulfill my reservation because of some kind of water problem that closed 4-5 rooms. My reservation was for two queens as I was having a friend meet me there. The manager did offer to put me up in another motel (same owners) but as it turned out my friend could not come until the next day so a single room was good for the night. The next day the manager actually did give my friend his own room right next to mine for nothing and he did go out of his way to take care of us. I have no problem with the management at all, (Sid Jr.) was terrific. HOWEVER, the room itself left a lot to be desired. The carpet was FILTHY, it was LONG overdue for a good shampooing, I actually wore my tennis shoes when walking around because the carpet was so nasty. The lighting was below par and 2 bulbs were burnt out, the cleaning crew should have caught this. The bathroom exhaust fan did not work at all. There was mold along the bathtub and in the corners of the bathtub surround. One of the night stands was about to collapse. The bed was WAY to soft, I woke up both mornings I stayed there with a backache from the overly soft mattresses. The pillows were almost non-existant they were so thin. The towels and wash cloths were worn and felt like sandpaper .... overall this place was a mess, but the manager was very nice. I gave it an "average" rating and that is being very kind!! Mostly due to the manager ...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank barongsd
Khalid R, Manager at Knights Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Being senior guest we tried our best to take care of him. We met couple of times during his stay. He never mentioned any problem or complained during his stay. WE TOTALLY disagree with his comments as our rooms are recently renovated and carpets are steamed wash regularly. He even didn't complaint regarding mattress. We have always spare mattresses in reserve. In our motel many guests ask for additional pillows. We have sufficient quantity of reserve pillows. We are proud that our regular guests are from all over the world including China, Switzerland, Korea and India. Our motel is seniors friendly motel.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

On a business trip to Kitchener I needed a place to stay overnight and be able to charge my Volt electric car. Luckily I stopped into Knights Inn and I was pleasantly surprised they noticed my car and were enthusiastic to let me charge it up overnight. This made me very happy. Also the motel staff are extremely friendly and courteous. I definitely recommend Knights Inn.

David H

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank David H
Reviewed 12 May 2012

It was really nice to be here. the peopel are very frindly and the rooms are clean and not too expensive. if we ever come back to kitchener, we would book the knigt inn again. The two girls from switzerland :) Thank you for bbq, it was fun!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends