“Don't bother”

Knights Inn Kitchener
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Reviewed 5 November 2006

My sister and I just returned from a weekend in Kitchener, where she had some testing done at the college. Pre booked online for a room here at the Knight's Inn. Upon arrival, I was told the computer put us down for a room that wasn't at all what I had booked for. (2 queen beds, smoking, coffee-maker) He then gave me the key to another room. Grabbed the bags and went upstairs to a room completely unmade and with someone elses clothes all over the place. Put the bags back in the trunk and returned the key and was told to go to the Sherwood Motel next door, which these people also owned. Shabby room, with no coffeemaker. I told the woman there that I had specifically wanted a coffee-maker and she said they don't have them at the Sherwood. I told her I hadn't booked this hotel, I wanted the Knight's Inn. Long story short, they brought me a coffee-maker from next door, no mugs..no coffee packets, nothing else. After another trip to the lobby, I finally got 2 mugs, coffee and a few filters.....still no creamer and sweetner. Thank God I found a Tim Horton's around the corner. I paid for the Knight's Inn and stayed in a shabby room at a shabby hotel next door with no reimbursement whatsoever. Never again.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank sheshe14

A TripAdvisor Member
Windsor
Reviewed 17 September 2005

The musty smell is quite bad - sheats, towells and everything else has the same smell. Your clothing will smell the same after couple of nights at this place. Also - no iron / ironing board, no hair dryer.

• Stayed: September 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 August 2005

Stayed for one night, the room was clean and very comfortable. An older hotel, but there was nothing wrong with the room. The bathroom was old and could use some renovations, taps were old could be replaced. But overall it is a good bang for the buck.

Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank canuklady
Reviewed 21 July 2005

We stayed in the connecting rooms across from the pool. Our rooms were very nice up to the line that separated the bedrooms from the kitchen/bathroom area. The sleeping areas were recently, very nicely and completely redone (including the carpeting). However, the kitchenette is fairly ancient and the bathrooms were a bit rundown. Also, the bathrooms weren't cleaned very well during our stay there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool showed its age. Overall, the rooms were fairly inexpensive so we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank r0mweis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo

Been to Knights Inn Kitchener? Share your experiences!