“As promised”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was humbled. Had the full rack of ribs, with Cajun corn and fantastic fresh cut fries as sides. I could not finish my meal. Texas poutine appetizer (shared by 4) didn't help I guess. Can't say I wasn't warned.

Was told the wait was an hour on a very busy Saturday night, but only had to wait 30 mins. Had my current fave beer on tap so didn't even notice the wait. I'm already dreaming of a return visit. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Lancaster Smokehouse

Reviewed 6 November 2013

On recommendation of some friends we went to celebrate my birthday and weren't disappointed. Giant portions for my wife and me--Tues special, rack of ribs perfectly done Southern bbq style for $12! We shared one order and barely finished half of it. Best onion rings ever had. Great service too, attentive, helpful and friendly. Tremendous selection of craft beer as well. Good thing we went early, because they were lining up at the door when we were leaving. Planning to go back for the live music soon and have the southern fried chicken.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were visiting old friends in Kitchener and went there for an early dinner, so not too busy. Our friend is a Southener who has sampled most of the menu and thinks the food is excellent- nearly as good as his Mums. Greeted by a cheerful waitress who went through the list of beers and explained the menu. The ribs were on for $15 which was quite reasonable and were pretty meaty and good, and we had three sides, collards - greens cooked in bacon fat, delicious cornbread and the sweet potato fries. That filled us up for sure. The restaurant is pretty basic in surroundings and casual and obviously populra. Hope to visit next time we are back in the area.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

You must be prepared for this experience, my advice is to go very hungry always, each dish is an explosion of flavor, so you will want to try all of them, the problem with that is the size of each, after having a meal here you need to take a 3 hour nap for sure, during that time I'm sure you will dream coming back to the place. The ambient is another thing you will enjoy, mainly if you like good and rich southern music. Attention is A+.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Visiting my sister in Kitchener/Waterloo and she took me to the Lancaster BBQ, the place smells of BBQ as soon as you get out of your car aqs their smoke house is in the back,
Great ambiance inside with wood paneling the main theme, our waitress was prompt and courteous, i had the 3 meat selection of ribs, chicken wings and brisket with sides of salad and beans, everything was excellent except the brisket was a bit on the dry side with bit too much fat for my liking, my sister had pulled pork slaw and onion rings, very satisfying with the onion rings looking like small doughnuts.
Seems the also have live blues bands on the weekends..
Great place, i'll definitely be looking forward to my next trip to Kitchener/Waterloo so i can return to this wonderful BBQ restaurant