“Too afraid shower so disgusting”

Fairway Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Took an unnecessary cash deposit, which I did get back after waking the manager at 7am.
No refunds was clearly stated on the wall, now I know why.
Dirty to the point I was not comfortable to shower that night.
Outside noisy partiers until 5am, due to some kind of club close by.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark C

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The room are in good condition with New tv with all the channels and quiet . Operating by very friendly staff. It's very close to the 401 highway and Kitchener downtown. The room rates are pretty decent at last minute. I had to stay over night on my way to home and I would recommend to other people to stay at this place in future.

Room Tip: Big family room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ZankhuSunil M M
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The room was very decent with LCD tv and very friendly staff at the desk. It's very close to the major highway and downtown Kitchener. The room rates are pretty low in compare to other motels in that area. I will recommend this place for stay in future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Nick P
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We arrived, paid for the room.
Went to the room; nothing fancy ... rather old!
We kept smelling something "unpleasant" and finally pulled back the blankets and the smell was disgusting!!!!!!!! Someone had urinated on the bed and they just put new sheets on the bed!!!!!
We went down to the office. They wouldn't do anything for us.
We asked for a refund ... they laughed!
We lost our $75 ... we drove out their lane way into the parking lot of an amazing Hotel!!!
DO NOT GO TO FAIRWAY INN & SUITES

Room Tip: Do not even consider this place ... filthy land the owners don't care!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Colette V
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The room was good and the management staff are friendly people.Good place to stay . Closer to the highway and safe to stay.Accessible to tim and the mall nearby. A complimentary breakfast will be great or atleast a restaurant would help.The weekly rates are great.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank World V
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I called and booked a reservation for this hotel- 3 rooms- for a group since we were attending a sports tournament in the area. On the Thursday (RIGHT before our reservation) they called to cancel the reservation because of a pipe leak. When I asked if there were any other rooms available (because all other hotels in the area were booked due to the sports tourney) he said they only had 2 rooms with King Sized beds left. I asked if we could have them, and he said we weren't allowed because there were too many of us. I said I still wanted them, that we were girls and could squish into the bed. He was appalled and yelled in his accent "NOT HUSBAND AND WIFE" and hung the phone up on me. Didn't even give any explanations. Don't bother- pay the extra $10 and go somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Have stayed here a number of times over the past two years. Personally, the rooms I have been givenhave always been clean. It is an older motel, though the owner is currently doing rennovations. For $65 per night, which is what I have paid, it is convenient and had provided everything I need while in the area for business. If you are interested in saving money and only require th basics, I would not hesitate to recommend it. Have always found the owner pleasant and accomodating as well.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business