“Great way to experience German culture in Kitchener”
Review of Concordia Club

Concordia Club
Ranked #33 of 553 Restaurants in Kitchener
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: German, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: German Canadian Club providing hospitality since 1873. Full service Restaurant with outdoor Patio as well as a 450 seat banquet hall. Open 6 days a week. The club is a not for profit organization.We are conveniently located in the center of Kitchener, close to the expressway and offer ample parking for our guests. Our cuisine is a blend of German as well as North American dishes. We are well known beyond our borders as "the home of Oktoberfest" where in October the club ads a 4,000 person tent to it's building in order to celebrate it's annual "Oktoberfest"If you want to experience German food prepared by our professional staff according to how it is made in Europe, the Club is your place!
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Finally went to The Schenke after meaning to try it for a couple of years! Atmosphere and decor were great - food was very tasty, good value. Saturday night was pretty busy (dine + dance night), so definitely make a reservation (which we did, easy to do online). They probably could have used one more server, though, just to speed things up a tiny bit. Overall, I definitely recommend checking it out!

1  Thank schoencm

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I often overlook the Concordia Club for lunch and/or dinner because I usually think of this place as the home of Oktoberfest. It is that but it's also a lot more than just Oktoberfest.

We stopped for a buffet lunch on Wednesday and the place was nearly packed. I can understand why it's so popular. The lunch buffet is very good and inexpensive. The buffet included a really tasty bean soup, schnitzel, roast beef, baked potatoes and all kinds of veggies and pickles.

The Schenke Restaurant is large and clean. The service is friendly and attentive.

If you've only been here during Oktoberfest you owe it to yourself to give this place a try during the year. The restaurant is closed on Monday.

1  Thank kanadai
Reviewed 15 November 2013

great german food, great atmosphere, feels like you are in Germany. Excellent buffet lunch on Wednesdays for a great price. The food is always consistent and great German beer available.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Decided to go to the Concordia Club last Friday and it turned out to be the one of the best moves we have ever made . Assume buffet is every Friday , regardless we had a sampling of German food at its best and it was only &59.00 for two including wine and a liqueur. Service reflected the quality of the whole evening. Will go again

Reviewed 10 October 2013

First I was told that I didn't need a reservation, that there was lots of space available when I wanted to go there for dinner. Showed up around 6:30 to find that there were no tables available (should have made a reservation) - all were reserved but only a few had patrons at that time. Was seated at the large staff table facing the bar area which was crowded with guests attending a wedding upstairs. Was seated with my back to the restaurant with a waitress at the other end of the table folding napkins and occasionally chatting with another waitress. Food was nothing special. Yager Schnitzel was pale and smothered in a thick mushroom gravy (which I mostly scraped off) in which there were very few mushrooms. The only things that saved the experience were the glass of shiraz and a chocolate mousse cake (which I took back to my accommodation). Should have gone to the Metro. Wouldn't go back to the Concordia again.