“Prime Rib at it's Best”

Golf's Steakhouse and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Golf's Steakhouse and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 532 Restaurants in Kitchener
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between Bridge and Bridgeport
Kitchener, Canada
“Prime Rib at it's Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We visited there for my wife's 65th birthday on a Monday night without a reservation. It was packed but we were seated immediately. Monday is seniors night and they have a really nice affordable menu with good sized servings. We went for the extra cut ( large ) prime rib. It filled the plate, it was huge. Medium rare, along with potato of choice, salad bar and veggie of the day. The veggie was not great, I think they could have been a little more creative. The garlic bread was fresh and warm. No room for dessert however our very efficient and pleasant waitress came out with a piece of strawberry cheese cake with a candle on it for my wife. It was compliments of the house.
Wonderful place to eat, a little on the pricy side but was worth it. We'll be back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jim W

Cambridge, Canada
“Wonderful! A unexpected treat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

One of my dearest friends had told me to try Golf's but frankly we had never gotten around to it until yesterday (as we were in the area). I have to say we were so pleasantly surprised. To speak to one reviewers comment that it wasn't snooty enough for her (people wearing jeans...oh, the horror!). Let me say that we were a little casually dressed given the surprise visit and we appreciated the welcome we received. As for vegetarian options complained about by another reviewer, I have to point out it IS called a 'steakhouse'. Lastly, as for the children's/lighter fare menu, my 2 children love prime rib (we have it at home frequently) and Golf's received the compliment that "this tastes just like yours Mom". So, yes, there are child appetites that appreciate more than pizza and chicken fingers. Great job Golf's! We will be back...you are a wonderful tradition that is not 'dated' unless good quality should be abandoned in favour of catering to posers. All the best, Mary

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank mary w
Waterloo, Canada
“Great food, amazing riverside view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I went to Golf's for the first time last month. The food was delicious. I had their prime rib special, it was perfect. They offer an extensive salad bar that won't disappoint. The service was excellent. We had a large group that included two very young children, the server (an older woman) was fantastic and VERY patient. I will be back for sure.
If you happen to have room for dessert, their selection is amazing and just scrumptious!

1 Thank sby47
Waterloo, Canada
“Always Good Value for your Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Golf's Steakhouse is always good! We have never had a bad meal there.
Took our friends out for their 40th wedding anniversary and everyone enjoyed their meal.
Soup, salad, bread basket and meal all for one good price. We also got a complimentary dessert when they found out we were celebrating an anniversary!!

1 Thank Sue H
Kitchener, Canada
“Excellent Wedding Venue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had our wedding (ceromony) and reception at the Gold Steak House and everything was excellent. From our inital Meeting with George to the final payment and everything in between it was seamless. Anything we requested they were able to accomodate. We used their outdoor patio underneath the willow trees, infront of the Grand River to exchange our vows. It was absolutely stunning!
The Food was amazing. We had the country Style with beef and chicken, steamed veggies, roasted patatoes and a salad to start. I am telling you our guests wouldn't stop commenting on the food. I don't believe I have ever had such mosit chicken breast before. And let me tell you some of our guests are picky!!! The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the cheesecake but that didn't matter much to us as we brought in our own tradiation cakes and cookies.

I would definately recommend this for a wedding venue or to just a dinner out.

2 Thank Tina_M87