“Worth Trying”

Charcoal Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcoal Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 568 Restaurants in Kitchener
Price range: US$15 - US$41
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fairway Road North
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Nice space - great atmosphere. It gives the impression of being a little more upscale than the Keg - and I would say food on par with the Keg- maybe not quite as consistent. I had bread pudding on one occasion that I thought was amazing - so I had it on my next visit and it was awful. Still worth a try.

2  Thank Paul D

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We went as a family group and found the place warm and inviting. It is clearly a very popular local establishment as it was packed. The decor is well done. The service was friendly and attentive. The food however was somewhat average. The rib eye steaks certainly did not look the 12 ounces as advertised....but who knows. They were thin and not very tender. We may be back, but not in a hurry.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is quite simply the best steak house I have ever been to. The restaurant is beautiful, the staff is amazing and the food is to die for. Been to Charcoal's a number of times and we have never had anything but an absolutely unforgettable evening. I really don't know what else to say other than you must go if you are in the Kitchener area.

3  Thank Jasen F
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband took me about 2 weeks ago for my birthday dinner. Our waitress was fantastic from start to finish. I ordered a glass of white wine and my husband only water. I ordered one of their salads, mixed greens with goat cheese, nuts etc. It was very tasty. I ordered a 10 oz. rib eye steak, medium rare and it came exactly as I ordered. I was a little surprised at the size, it didn't appear to be as big as I thought it would be for the 10 oz. as I was able to eat almost all of it. The vegetables were done perfectly and the garlic mashed potatoes were excellent.
Our waitress asked us if we were celebrating any special occasion so we told her we were. They brought me a complimentary piece of mint chocolate ice cream done on a chocolate base drizzled with chocolate. I asked them how they knew that those 2 combinations of mint and chocolate together were my favourite!!
We also enjoyed the breads served to you and maybe more restaurants should practice this then there would be less wastage of food. She made a couple of trips and offered us about 3 different kinds of warm breads.
All in all, it was a fantastic meal. Their varied selection on the menu should appeal to anyone. We will definitely be back in the near future!

1  Thank dazey337
Reviewed 14 October 2013

There were four of us for dinner. All had an equally good experience.Wine steward was helpful when I mentioned that my wine seemed to ruin the taste of my entree.