“This is my favourite restaurant in KW area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Belmont Bistro

The Belmont Bistro
Ranked #28 of 532 Restaurants in Kitchener
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Cuisines: Canadian, International
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Belmont Bistro (Formerly The Village Creperie) is tucked away in the heart of cozy Belmont Village, just minutes from downtown Waterloo. Service is friendly, casual and light-hearted. The Belmont is a family run restaurant, with approachable staff and a friendly feel, you will be right at home in this unique spot.White tablecloths create an atmosphere of relaxed sophistication. Sit along one of the old-fashioned church benches to have a snack and a glass of wine, a pint of the feature brew at one of the seats along the large Granite bar, a classy dinner date or relaxed brunch at one of our tables. We offer wines from many regions,cocktails and more. Chef Brandon Gries, a graduate of The Stratford Chefs School changes the menu every week. He enjoys making a wide range of International and North American classics, and takes pride in creating playful and crowd-pleasing dishes of his own. Enjoy something off of the small plate menu at dinner, or the ever-changing chalkboard of entree specials. On weekends, The Belmont serves traditional brunch items with a playful twist, and also stays true to the Creperie roots with classic Buckwheat Galettes. The Belmont serves lunch during the week and the menu is full of a variety of Lunch Crepes,salads and other Bistro fare.
Region of Waterloo, Canada
“This is my favourite restaurant in KW area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

This is my favourite restaurant in KW area. The food is fresh and local and the service is friendly and fast. The value considering the quality is really good as well. It is a small but very unique atmosphere in a great little area of Kitchener. I have been here many times and will keep going back.

The wine list is quite extraordinary and the food is absolutely delicious. My favourite us the chicken crepe with salsa.

Owen Sound, Canada
“Beautiful food presentation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

A small, simple restaurant with quality food, somewhat slow service. This was our second time here. There are about 10 tables. We had lunch there, arrived just before noon. We were served promptly in a personable, friendly manner. The menu is not expansive; some appetizers, salads, main courses mainly crepes with a few other entrees. Dessert crepes are served as well. The main course crepes are buckwheat and they are well informed about gluten issues. For the most part, dishes combine more exquisite ingredients in interesting combinations. I had a chimichurri crepe. Although the taste was good, I would probably take something else next time, as the sauce made the crepe quite soggy by the end of the meal. The dishes being served at the tables were all beautifully prepared. Prices for entrees are around $15-20. We did notice though, as the tables filled up after 12 pm, tables had to wait quite a while for their food, with only one server for all the tables. Don't expect a particularly intimate or romantic ambience.

• Visited August 2013
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not to be Missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I recently popped into the Village Creperie for breakfast. Not knowing quite what to expect, we were happy to see that it was small, clean, and cozy. The food was exceptional and full of taste! I had the eggs benny crepe and my husband tried the dianne. The hollandaise sauce is delicious! It's a little pricey but definitely worth it for the quality of food. There is a reason why this gem of a restaurant is still in business after 6 years with no paid advertising - go and see for yourself!

• Visited August 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NEED new owners”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This place really did have potential because the chef is pretty good and the gluten free options are great.

I've been here 3-4 times before and besides the food being very light and expensive, haven't had an issue.

I recently came in for a friend's birthday party and the waitress (who was actually the owner) immediately started spewing off menu items that were unavailable because they "didn't have time to go and get stuff". Really?

After waiting for an HOUR for our appetizers (I didn't even get an appetizer, so I waited about an hour and 45 minutes for my meal) I wasn't too pleased. There are about 10 tables in this place... how busy can you get??

The food was fine, but at the end of the meal when we asked the owner if she could please split our bills, we got this word for word response.. "I'm too busy for that", and she walked away.

Nobody even came by our table again for 20 minutes, and since we all had debit and no other option, we just sat there trying to decide what we could do. I swear.. That woman has absololutely no business running a restaurant. I will be telling everyone I know to avoid this place like the plague.

1 Thank Katey123123
Ontario
“Simple in a good way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I ordered the saumon et moutarde. It had the taste and spiciness of fresh mustard and a huge steak of salmon wrapped in a crepe. Simple accompanying salad. Portions were good (not stuffed, not hungry either). Quality ingredients, not dressed up, that lets the flavour or each ingredient come through.
Go if you like quality food for a reasonable price. Don't bother if you want large cheap amounts of garbage food. I didn't try the sweet crepes but that is what I will try next time... Caramel crepe with fresh fruits... here I come!!!

1 Thank AverageLooksGood