“Clean, cosy stay”

Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kincardine
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Best Western Plus in Kincardine is a clean, quiet hotel and staff was pleasant. Room was nice and bed very comfortable. Was there for business but would go back for pleasure just the same. Friendly staff and quiet hallways. Did not use the pool or gym on this visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyingDutchman_9
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay here and the staff exceptional accomodating with a few Questions we had.
Ann on the front desk went beyond being helpful advising my wife on a Salon. Enjoyed the hot breakfast and other hotels should take note. Do not serve rubber eggs. Room was well appointed and yes a bit pricey for the location but certainly up to the Plus standard for Best Western.

Room Tip: We got a room on the rear of the hotel and didn't get any highway noise and we had the windows o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your stay at our property. I am glad you had such an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

With the CAA/AAA discount on a weekend night our room was Canadian $163.71 for a small room that was very poorly arranged. The desk was directly under the TV. My wife likes to watch TV while i work on my computer, but in this hotel, one of us had to forgo our usual routine as it was impossible to work with my head about 300 cm from the speakers! When I got ready to go to bed, I discovered that there was no blanket on my bed--just a sheet under a heavy spread. My wife's bed had a blanket so I called Front Desk but got no answer. I waited a few minutes and called again and still no answer. So it was either sleep under a thin sheet or under the spread that must have weighed 10 kg so i went with the thin sheet and shivered all night. When I took my shower the next morning, I saw that the soap and shampoo were in a dispenser over the tub. It was only after I was completely wet that I discovered there was no shampoo in the dispenser so I washed my hair with soap. Great fun. i would not stay here again, ever.

Room Tip: The best room is not in this hotel. Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a response regarding your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you had such a discouraging stay. All of our rooms do have extra blankets and pillows in the armoires.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

When ever I'm on business in Kincardine area I have always enjoyed my stays here. Very clean, rooms are nice and beds are very comfortable. Check-In staff make you feel welcome and at home, Ann does an excellent job with that sweet british accent !!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you had such an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to all of the staff. Especially Ann and the cleaning staff.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I traveled with my senior parents to Kincardine for the weekend of Aug. 17th-19th. We usually do bed and breakfasts but my father has mobility issues and requires a walker now, so stairs in lovely older homes are no longer suitable. We were looking for something that would accommodate his needs better. I guess I shouldn't have assumed that wheelchair accessible rooms and elevators meant that all things would be accessible for him. When we arrived, I was informed there was one accessible room on the main floor, but no walk in shower there, only grab bars like the other rooms. And this room wasn't available anyway. You needed to climb stairs to get to the elevator! And you needed to walk down stairs to get to the breakfast room (or walk outside around the building like we did). Also the hot tub, sauna and games room are down another steep flight of stairs, so that wasn't an option. The front desk staff were pleasant and tried to be helpful. Buffet breakfast on the Sunday morning was sparse because staff were busy supplying the Sunday brunch in the next dining room. We made our own fun with the Kincardine activities, but were disappointed with the accommodations at the Governor's Inn for seniors.

Room Tip: Don't come here if you need accessibility accommodations.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a response regarding your stay at the property. I appreciate the feedback. In regards to the accessibility issue; we are in discussions on creating a more accessible environment.
Thank you once again for your time.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I have stayed all over the world, as far as Sydney Aust, your motel was clean, staff was perfect, not overbearing very polite, breakfast staff a little unorganized, but acceptable. pleased when we found out about discount for wedding we were attending, not needed, but very much appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Richard D
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our property. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff. I am glad that you had such an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Large rooms and quite clean! Washroom seems brand new and was suitable for the basic needs. Generally the space was very well kept and welcoming. BW Plus is always a great option when staying with the chain. Quite pleased

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad you had such an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kincardine
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kincardine
#2 of 7 in Kincardine
Super 8 Port Elgin
Super 8 Port Elgin
#1 of 6 in Port Elgin

Been to Best Western Plus Governor's Inn? Share your experiences!