All reviews top floor lake view floor to ceiling windows hotel room room was recently renovated bit dated enjoy the view round hotel beds were very comfortable unique hotel would stay again nice stay wings one night stay coffee maker lounge woods
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful and well kept! There is a huge dock out front and a patio on the water. Theres a boat launch across the road. We were able to dock out boat at the hotel. It was so cool. Our room wasnt considered a lake view room but the view was half of the lake and kenora. Id definitly stay there again. Id only advise that you book online instead of over the phone. For some reason it cost us more to book over the phone.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank laurashewchuk
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I have stayed in this hotel twice before. There has been significant upgrading done in the past year. The shower in my room is very modern. The bed is extremely comfortable, and the oak furnishings are very attractive. The heating / cooling system is quiet. There is a microwave and fridge in the room and the location is an easy walk to downtown, and to a grocery store. The view over the lake is the show-stopper though. There is a spacious dock with heaters in the evening, and comfortable furniture so guests can sit out and watch the sun set. The restaurant is very good, and also overlooks the lake. A delightful place to stay.

Room Tip: request a room that overlooks the lake
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We always return in particular for the view. It was Sunday morning and a wedding party
was present for breakfast. Four of us ordered our usual bacon & eggs breakfast. Service as friendly and attentive. Meals came as ordered and hot. Noise level was
objectionably high. Comfort and decor is good. Plenty of parking on and off site.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

This is a very good hotel in a small town. The staff are invariably friendly and helpful. My son and are crossing Canada in a rental moving van. The restaurant and lounge are decent. We arrived on the weekly chicken wing night so had the level 3 sauce on the wings as an appetizer . Hot for some but not killer hot. The pickerel (walleye) comes 2 ways. We both had it pan-fried. They allowed us to sub a salad for the offered starches. Wine list was ok with some decent Canadian choices.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

It's was after 10:00PM tonight, and I asked the two ladies at the front desk if I could have the remote to change one of the two TVs in the lobby from some dumb Canadian league soccer game (on both TVs!) to the hockey game. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal since there wasn't anyone around. But nah, they said I couldn't change it.
So it's now 11:00pm and ladies left for the night. So I ask the dude is that's now there, he says he can't change it and is centrally operated by the manager. That's f#cking ridiculous! My wife's up in the room with the kid trying to sleep, and I'm just trying to watch some god damn hockey alone! I don't want to go to the lounge! See you in the morning, when I can find out where your secret remote vault is!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family