“Great Staff-Courtesies and friendly.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Kenora
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The front desk staff (Leann, Kim, Crystal and a few who names I didn't get) were great. They were friendly, courtesies and willing to answer any questions about the hotel or where to find something in Kenora. The cleaning staff did a great job of keeping the room clean and supplies (shampoo, towels) up to date. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: no elevator so if you have a lot of luggage stay on the first floor. Rooms at the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
CI_Kenora, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments here on trip advisor will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one. It is getting even better as well, we will be finally getting our new lobby, breakfast room and hot breakfast by end of October - beginning of November!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We needed to be in Kenora for two nights to attend a rowing regatta. We found a lovely B & B but it was only available on our second night. Comfort Inn had rooms available so we thought "how bad could it be?" We really are not high maintenance people after all. In fairness, it could have been worse but that is not exactly high praise. A few of the low points.... The refrigerator was not even slightly cold. It was turned on but there was about two inches of ice built up around the tiny freezer compartment. Clearly defrosting was not happening on a regular basis.....The bedding - stains showed through from the mattress pad and the sheets felt oddly gritty. I hope they were clean but not at all confident of that fact. The coffee maker was there but without anyway to plug it in without moving large furniture. Breakfast was bare minimum but we thought the waffle option would work. When the waffle maker was not working seemingly due to one part not being attached, it seemed to be in keeping with our experience so far. We told the women at the front desk expecting at least a polite response. A heavy set woman with long dark hair acting very irritated by the question and said they were not "serving waffles today". We said it would have been nice if they put a sign up to that effect. She answered that she thought it was "pretty obvious"since the one piece was not in place. Her tone was clearly one that implied that we were complete idiots. My daughter was the one who was trying to get the machine to work. I can assure you that she (Harvard student)is not an idiot. However, nobody should be treated in such a disrespectful manner. I encourage you to provide this woman with some training or place her in a position where she is not required to work with customers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KimWBL

I have spoken with my housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure the fridges are being defrosted on a regular basis. I have also spoken with the staff member you had an issue with in the morning of your check out. She deeply apologizes as do I.

Due to structual issues we have had to wait for the new lobby, new breakfast room and the new hot breakfast. I do apologize you didn't get to enjoy this but hope you will come back when this has all be done.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Very convenient located-clean and welcoming. The guy at the reception (Harry?) was excellent -super polite and helpful. We wanted a room on a main floor and at the end of the building with attached parking- he was able to find one that suited us perfectly. The beds were comfy and the breakfast had some normal choices.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on trip advisor!

We would also like you to know it's going to get even better. A new lobby, breakfast room and hot breakfast is on it's way soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

May 2014 was our second stay at the Comfort Inn in Kenora. We had a recently renovated room on the first floor and it was wonderful. The staff at the hotel goes out of their way to make sure your needs are met. Parking is free and at the door. They serve a continental breakfast in the lobby each morning and the food was fresh. We will be staying there again on our next trip to Kenora. It is a great value for your money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry C

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on trip advisor with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is currently renovating the rooms. I was given an non renovated room and it was awful. Smelled of smoke, old pilled bedding and it was just plain dirty. I moved to a renovated room which smelled better but was really just ok. The breakfast was pretty sparse.

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank CanadaCranberry

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to write a comment on trip advisor.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding being put in a non-renovated room and when moved to a renovated room it was just ‘ok’ on your recent visit. Our rooms will be fully renovated by the end of October – beginning of November. We have had to set back the full renovations due to structural issues with our building, which is currently being fixed. For this we do apologize.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Kenora.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this immaculate property. We've had a lot of surprises with inconsistencies and less-thn ideal accomodations with some Choice Hotels on this cross US/Canada trip. This property is well-managed and good value for your moneyGreat sleep and womderful staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chacharea

Thank you for the much appreciated feedback! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We would also like you to know that our new lobby, breakfast room and hot breakfast is on it's way soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

After a long relationship with Comfort Inn across Northern Ontario I finally came to the realization that they have no reason for such loyalty. After many stays at several locations I accept that I should know not to expect any more out the chain then what they give.
My last stay put the Comfort Inn at the bottom of my list of hotel choices. I booked a ground room floor with a couch for a specific reason. Entering the room with all my luggage I took in a deep breath of "ashtray". Having just quit smoking I had to request a room change. "Oh ya it used to be a smoking room...sorry." What? Oh so you knew it smelled like smoke and gave it to me anyway?
My alternative room was upstairs with two beds and no fridge. When I spoke to the manager the following day she simply asked, "But everything with your room is okay now though?"
Well the whole list of minor issues I have experienced included the inside of the door in my current room coated with dust and dirt or the filthy windows where the cleaner was obviously too short to clean above the 2/3 mark came to mind but I just sighed and said...yes its fine.
Knowing that nothing would be done or addressed I just accepted the high price for the sake of chain reliability that ends up being just a high classed rat trap hotel. Service means everything when you are on the road. My stay at a locally owned "ma and pa" hotel immediately after was worth tens times as much to me and cost almost half as much!!
This Comfort Inn and others in the region leave little to be desired in the way of customer service; especially to repeat customers.

Room Tip: main floor especially if you have to unload a lot of luggage...no elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo