“Cute B&B with a wonderful host”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jordan
Cameo Cottage Country Retreat Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Jordan B&B and Inns
Hamilton
“Cute B&B with a wonderful host”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night before a wedding that was at a nearby vineyard. Lynn, who runs the B&B was very sweet and helpful. The room was cute and very clean and had a beautiful skylight that allowed a lot of natural light. Lynn prepared a delicious breakfast for us the next morning with croissant and egg sandwiches, fresh muffins and fruit. Definitely will stay again if we're back in the area!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lynn V, Owner at Cameo Cottage Country Retreat Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hello Jessika3

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful response. You two were the sweetest couple! I'm so glad you made yourself at home at the cottage and enjoyed your weekend here in Jordan!
Please visit us again,
Lynn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kulmbach, Germany
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We had a great time while staying at Cameo Cottage. Lynn was always there when needed and also helped answering all questions. Breakfast was perfect...every morning s.th. different. In the end we even decided to stay one night longer than planned. Cameo is also the peerfect spot to explore the region like Niagara and the wineries. Thanks for the certificates for having Personal wine tastings. The B&B is definetely "two thumbs up"! We will be back.
Marcus& Carmen, Kulmbach, Germany

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lynn V, Manager at Cameo Cottage Country Retreat Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Hello Marcus and Carmen! So nice to hear from you. Thank you for the great review. I thoroughly enjoyed your company here at the cottage and the Niagara area. Thank you for sharing the photo's of your garden in Germany, you live in a lovely home. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your Canadian visit in Algonquin Park and Ottawa before heading back home. Come back again and for sure and please stay longer!
Canmore
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed in the cottage and it was delightful. The cottage afforded us plenty of privacy and the room was lovely. Lynn was very friendly and welcoming.The breakfast was outstanding! We had everything we needed and more. I would highly recommend staying at the Cameo Cottage.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lynn V, Owner at Cameo Cottage Country Retreat Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hello JNell102
Thank you for your kind review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your weekend here with your friends from around the world. You two are an amazing couple and I wish you all the best! Can't wait to re-visit your home town one day, I miss the mountains.
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 31 March 2014

On Saturday, my travel companion and I spent a night at the Cameo Cottage in Jordan. We were in the area for a wedding and originally planned to arrive at 4 after the ceremony. However, we were an hour early and wanted to leave our bags in the room. Lynn, who was in the process of cleaning the room, allowed us to do so. The room itself was nicely appointed with a fire place, tv/dvd player, mini-fridge, Keurig coffee machine and a small toaster. The washroom was a bit "open concept" for my liking but this was not a problem as my travel companion and I have been together for 10 years. Lynn provided us with some pointers about using the cottage toilet and there were notes throughout the room to remind us of some do's and don'ts. The heating came through the fire place, which was a little bit temperamental. In the morning, Lynn provided breakfast at the door: croissant sandwich, yoghurt with granola, fruit and a muffin.

My main concern with my experience was related to how Lynn handled the payment. I was asked to sign and pay up front, which I was happy to do. As I did not have exact change and we were rushing to drop of our bags on our way to the wedding ceremony, I left my payment with the signed agreement. I assumed Lynn would provide me my change (which was not insubstantial) at breakfast or check out. Lynn delivered breakfast while I was asleep but did not address this with my travel companion. When we left at around 10:30, there was no one at the main house and needed to make an appointment at noon in the city. I think it is a reasonable expectation to be provided with your change for any transaction and not assume it is a tip, especially since payment was requested before services were rendered. Sorry to say, this soured my experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank interpolation
Lynn V, Manager at Cameo Cottage Country Retreat Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Interpolitian
Thank you for accepting my apologies and returning your change. While there are no excuses, it really was an honest mistake- I certainly do not under any circumstances take "tips" from my guests change and this was no exception. There is a sign on my front door that indicates a number to call if I am not home at the time of your taking leave of the B&B- I wish you had given me the chance to rectify the situation straightaway, as I do not want any of my guests to have a soured feeling about their stay here. I am glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed in the cottage (as opposed to the guest house) and the room was lovely, and much more spacious than what you would get for an equivalent price at a hotel. Lots of amenities: fireplace, fridge, Keurig machine, toaster oven, kettle, tea. Service was welcoming and outstanding. For example, on our first morning we had other breakfast plans so we were offered lunch in our room which was delicious. Breakfast on the second morning was great as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David B
Lynn V, Owner at Cameo Cottage Country Retreat Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Thank you David for your kind review. It was my pleasure having you as my guest and please come see us again!
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at Cameo Cottage the night of our wedding! Lynn was the perfect host. She was extremely welcoming! We had originally booked a room inside the house, but when a cancellation occurred, Lynn quickly booked us in the separate cottage. She was extremely accommodating and allowed us to check in a little earlier in order to made it to our wedding on time! It was the perfect stay after a perfect day! Lynn had beautifully decorated the cottage as a bridal suite, and we returned to the cottage to find wine and chocolates to enjoy! Lynn made us feel right at home! Breakfast in the morning was delicious and we enjoyed it in the peaceful backyard. Lynn was friendly, caring and open to sharing her home with two brides!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bramandiar,
Thank you so much for your detailed review on the cottage and our service. I was delighted to be a part of your special day and I absolutely love the pictures you sent. A perfect day for two lovely brides!
Markham
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Me and my husband took advantage of a great promotion for veterans offered by the Cameo Cottage this year and stayed on November 11th. We were really impressed by the amazing setup, attention to detail and overall feel of the cottage. The decor was one of my favorite parts along with the friendly conversations with Lynn. Her taste and balance when it comes to decorating is very clever. The fireplace and rocking chair provided the perfect way to relax and the visuals of her brilliant designs and art made it that much more enjoyable. The breakfast really topped off everything in a great way. We really appreciate good food and it was delicious. More than most would expect at a B&B. Lynn was so nice and offered to show us the inside of the house which was absolutely beautiful. Rustic with just the right touch of modern. We talked decor and Lynn gave me some great ideas. She is a great host and we would recommend the Cameo Cottage to anyone. Thanks so much Lynn we really appreciate it. See you again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DWEK
Hello DWEK,
Thank you for your kind words in your review. I've never met a couple with such high and positive energy as you two. I was thrilled to have you here and loved chatting. I'm glad you enjoyed the accommodations and coming from an "interior decorator" in your down-time, I was flattered by all your compliments. Stay safe and hope to see you again!
L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jordan
Jordan House Hotel
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines
Inn On The Twenty
#1 of 3 in Jordan

Been to Cameo Cottage Country Retreat Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!