The Briars is an established resort on Lake Simcoe in Southern Ontario, about an hour or so north of Toronto.
In several stays there, I have found the accommodations, food and service to be excellent, and good value for the money. The setting is tranquil and restorative. It is a family-oriented place, but couples and singles will likely be happy with the experience too.
Meals were very good, with variety and good service.
They are open on Christmas and most other holiday periods, which offers a nice getaway from one's usual routine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An easy hour drive from Toronto, this beautiful all-season resort nestled on the southern shores of Lake Simcoe. Lakeside cottages and guest rooms offer relaxation amidst 200 acres of lush lawns, gardens, and towering trees. This unique property offers a championship golf course, full-service spa and excellent recreational programming. Enjoy traditional and contemporary favourites in our dining room and Drinkwaters Lounge where dishes are skillfully prepared for any palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Briars Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Briars Hotel Jackson`s Point
- Briars Jacksons Point
- Briars Hotel Jacksons Point
- The Briars Resort & Spa Ontario, Canada