My husband and I stayed for one night in Room 5. This is a beautiful old inn and our room had two big windows facing the lake (and another facing the road). The room and ensuite were well-furnished and very clean. Jaqi was very friendly and welcoming (the owners were away when we were there). Breakfast was great; we had bacon, eggs, toast and a lovely fruit plate (also offered choice of oatmeal or yoghurt & granola).
The wood slat ceiling of our room is the floor of the room/apartment above so you can hear the footsteps overhead, part of the old world charm of a late 19th century wood building.
We would recommend to anyone looking for an excellent bed and breakfast experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Portage Inn Bed & Breakfast (1889), owned by authors Nancy and Sidney Kirkpatrick, sits on a beautiful 5 acre waterfront property on Peninsula Lake in Huntsville Muskoka Ontario. Each room has a large full bathroom of its own en-suite. One room has a view of the lake and another has a large jacuzzi tub. Traditional breakfasts are provided but special diets are available upon request. Also on the property is a chalet that sleeps up to 13 with 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2 kitchens and 2 living/dining rooms as well as a Muskoka Room, laundry room and 2 decks looking over the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Portage Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portage Inn & Cottages Hotel Huntsville
- Portage Inn And Cottages
- Portage Inn & Cottages Huntsville, Ontario, Canada