“enjoyable time at the Inn!”
Review of Tally Ho Inn

Tally Ho Inn
Ranked #10 of 21 Huntsville B&B and Inns
collingwood, ontario
“enjoyable time at the Inn!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I really dont understand peoples expectations. My husband and I just came home from a 4 day stay at the Tally Ho, it was awesome. From the quaint cottage to the beautiful lake view to the friendly people and the great food! I wish we could have stayed longer but back to work!. Next year will be a week long stay. It is not a 5 star resort vacation but what it is..is relaxation, so if you want a nice quiet, clean cottage and friendly staff, good food then this is your destination. Thanx Andy for the laughs and the excellent service we received from all.

Room Tip: the honeymoon was the cottage we had..excellent for couples, nice deck facing the lake
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovesshiztus

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed in one of the bigger cottages. It was clean, comfortable, great place for a family to stay. Nice fireplace. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Pet friendly, with great beach access. Loved it here, will definitely come back!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jinxsgirl
London, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

As soon as I walked into my suite, I was reminded of my younger years, heading to the ice fishing camp with dad. The slight smell of smoke from the wood burning fireplace made me instantly feel at home. The rustic atmosphere was exactly what I was looking for during my snowmobile/ice fishing getaway.

There was ample parking for my truck and trailer. I was even able to park my Ski-Doo right beside my unit. This place is right on the groomed trail, which was so handy for my six hour tour my first day and ice fishing the next day.

Breakfast was a choice of French toast, pancakes or eggs. Plus you could get your fill of toast and fresh muffins.

For anyone who is a musician, there are two pianos for you to play in the common room. I may have tickled the ivories for a while...

This was the ideal winter vacation spot and I will definitely be returning next year!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Andy D
Summerside, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Thank you Tally Ho and the West family for making our Christmas one we will remember for a long time. We had originally booked a private chalet in Hidden Valley but it was so dirty we would not stay there and had to scramble to find another property that we could use for a family and friends get together. Tally Ho not only were able to accommodate us but they went above and beyond to make sure we had a perfect holiday. The food was excellent, the cottage cozy. and the service outstanding.

J and K from pei

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kevin H
Toronto
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I've been to the Tally-Ho Inn three or four times over the past 6 years, staying in the Windy Ridge the last two times I was there. I initially found the place because it was one of the few locations that allowed dogs near Algonquin Park. I have a big dog, so I'm very happy to see a place that doesn't discriminate against them just because they are bigger. Everyone picks up after their pups and there have been no issues with barking or socialization that I have seen.

The staff are friendly and helpful and the food is good, especially dinner with dessert. They grow a lot of their own produce right on site and most of the food is homemade. I always get the meal plan option because I like the convenience of not having to worry about going anywhere for breakfast or dinner.

If you're expecting a hotel, you probably won't be happy. But if you are expecting a cottage type of atmosphere where you don't have to do any cooking, you'll love it.

Tip: Make sure you bring your own wine, beer, etc to dinner. They do not sell it in the dining room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melindhra
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2013

In spite of its having some charms, I cannot recommend this place. I would not return.

We went there at the end of September after the end of the busiest season, so perhaps some things were done with--for instance, the rec room with ping pong table was locked--although the table looked rather the worse for wear.

The pluses: much (not all) of the staff is quite friendly and helpful. The hotel is on a beautiful lake just 20 miles from Algonquin Park and about 10 minutes from Huntsville. They have some canoes and kayaks for visitors, as well as a few other amenities (jigsaw puzzles, air hockey). The hotel is 20 miles (about 30 minutes) from Algonquin Park and just 10-15 minutes from Huntsville. The lodge area has WiFi, but it doesn't carry very far from the main building.

The minuses: Granted it's only a 2-star property, but the place is rundown and in need of a bit of maintenance. The carpet in our cottage was covered with cigarette burns. The room smelled musty and of smoke in spite of a clear no-smoking sign. The furniture seems to be from the 70s. Although it's on a lovely lake, it's also right next to the highway, so you hear the traffic noise all the time. The food is decent enough, but that's all. If you are not on the dinner plan, do not eat on the property; Huntsville has far better places for the same price or less.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David F
Clarkesville, Georgia
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This was a two night stop for us as we travelled throughout Ontario. This inn is a very restful place. The hotel style rooms looked a little tired but the rest of the facilities made up for it. The staff were super friendly and the home cooked food was fabulous. The inn has their own garden so we had fresh vegetables. Home made desserts were scrumptious! We brought our own wine and the inn provided glasses. There was a set of swings for the little ones and air hockey and pool tables for everyone else. Boats were available and a pontoon boat took tours. The best for us was sitting by the lake, enjoying the view.

Room Tip: Next time I'd take on of the cottages if available.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cameron1946
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Comfort Inn Huntsville
#3 of 18 in Huntsville
Algonquin Lakeside Inn
Algonquin Lakeside Inn
#2 of 2 in Oxtongue Lake

Been to Tally Ho Inn? Share your experiences!