“Had a great time - ready to book the next stay already!”
Review of Tally Ho Inn

and 1 more site!
Tally Ho Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Huntsville B&B and Inns
Aurora, Canada
“Had a great time - ready to book the next stay already!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just spent four days at Tally-Ho and wished it could have been more. We stayed in the Windy Ridge 1-bedroom cottage - had all the basic amenities, was clean and comfortable, had a great view of the lake. All the staff were amazing, especially the dining room staff. Besides relaxing (and doing absolutely nothing else) in a Muskoka chair by the lake during the day, the next best times were spent in the dining room for breakfast & dinner. Oh, and the food was amazing. Dinners were especially great - lots of options to choose from and the portions were more than enough - the Modified American Plan is definitely worth it.

The property itself is fantastic with lots of things to do (if relaxing in a Muskoka chair is not enough) -- kayaks, canoes, paddle boats to rent (hourly rentals are free); tennis court; basketball court; horseshoes; shuffleboard; nice beach with good safe access to the water. It was especially nice to be able to take my two dogs to a resort that was dog friendly where they could swim in the lake.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Natalie C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My friends and I stayed here while visiting Algonquin park (30 min away). Our only regret is that we didn't spend more time on the property.

The best features included that it was on the lake, close to the park, and they offered canoes and kayaks for free. Additionally all of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

You should be aware of a couple of things before you go. First, the booking process was confusing through booking.com. I put 3 people in my search, but I noticed the price was for 2 people at checkout. Second, the rooms were dated. I'm sure the sofa bed is older than I am, but it worked. We didn't have any issues with bugs or mold, and we stayed in the Maple view rooms.

Overall, I hope to return to the Tally-Ho sometime in the Fall. It's a beautiful area and the hotel worked out perfectly for us.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank pvtmulholland
collingwood, ontario
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I really dont understand peoples expectations. My husband and I just came home from a 4 day stay at the Tally Ho, it was awesome. From the quaint cottage to the beautiful lake view to the friendly people and the great food! I wish we could have stayed longer but back to work!. Next year will be a week long stay. It is not a 5 star resort vacation but what it is..is relaxation, so if you want a nice quiet, clean cottage and friendly staff, good food then this is your destination. Thanx Andy for the laughs and the excellent service we received from all.

Room Tip: the honeymoon was the cottage we had..excellent for couples, nice deck facing the lake
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovesshiztus
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed in one of the bigger cottages. It was clean, comfortable, great place for a family to stay. Nice fireplace. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Pet friendly, with great beach access. Loved it here, will definitely come back!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jinxsgirl
London, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

As soon as I walked into my suite, I was reminded of my younger years, heading to the ice fishing camp with dad. The slight smell of smoke from the wood burning fireplace made me instantly feel at home. The rustic atmosphere was exactly what I was looking for during my snowmobile/ice fishing getaway.

There was ample parking for my truck and trailer. I was even able to park my Ski-Doo right beside my unit. This place is right on the groomed trail, which was so handy for my six hour tour my first day and ice fishing the next day.

Breakfast was a choice of French toast, pancakes or eggs. Plus you could get your fill of toast and fresh muffins.

For anyone who is a musician, there are two pianos for you to play in the common room. I may have tickled the ivories for a while...

This was the ideal winter vacation spot and I will definitely be returning next year!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Andy D
Summerside, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Thank you Tally Ho and the West family for making our Christmas one we will remember for a long time. We had originally booked a private chalet in Hidden Valley but it was so dirty we would not stay there and had to scramble to find another property that we could use for a family and friends get together. Tally Ho not only were able to accommodate us but they went above and beyond to make sure we had a perfect holiday. The food was excellent, the cottage cozy. and the service outstanding.

J and K from pei

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kevin H
Toronto
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I've been to the Tally-Ho Inn three or four times over the past 6 years, staying in the Windy Ridge the last two times I was there. I initially found the place because it was one of the few locations that allowed dogs near Algonquin Park. I have a big dog, so I'm very happy to see a place that doesn't discriminate against them just because they are bigger. Everyone picks up after their pups and there have been no issues with barking or socialization that I have seen.

The staff are friendly and helpful and the food is good, especially dinner with dessert. They grow a lot of their own produce right on site and most of the food is homemade. I always get the meal plan option because I like the convenience of not having to worry about going anywhere for breakfast or dinner.

If you're expecting a hotel, you probably won't be happy. But if you are expecting a cottage type of atmosphere where you don't have to do any cooking, you'll love it.

Tip: Make sure you bring your own wine, beer, etc to dinner. They do not sell it in the dining room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melindhra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Comfort Inn Huntsville
The Lake of Bays Lodge
Arrowhead Inn
Arrowhead Inn
#12 of 22 in Huntsville

Been to Tally Ho Inn? Share your experiences!