“The best service in forever!”

Compass Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Compass Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 88 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: International, Canadian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Deerhurst Drive
Description: Centrally located just steps from the lobby, Compass Grill & Bar is the place to gather for a refreshing cocktail, casual intimate dinner or an exquisite glass of wine. Featuring a tapas style menu where sharing is encouraged, the menu highlights locally sourced ingredients. Enjoy live music every Friday & Saturday 8:30pm - close.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We arrived late to Deer Hurst, we had just driven from the airport in Toronto! We where so exhausted and tired!

The server (I wish I could remember his name) was so friendly, and accomadating! He did everything for us, and it was late - not once did he make us feel rushed or like he wanted to leave soon and go home (we were the only ones in the bar!) We will deffiantly be back!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Soup of the day was good every time. Chicken and waffle was excellent, as well as chicken sandwich. I also enjoyed the smoked trout salad.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Comfortable place for a beer or a drink. Drinks are a bit expensive but the beer is icy cold and that's a plus...service is really good too.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We enjoys a game of cards, a beer and yummy fries. The staff was friendly and service was quick. We enjoys a game of cards, a beer and yummy fries. The staff was friendly and service was quick.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband I were here in early January. We were first seated beside the door that leads to the outdoor smoking area and were ignored while we shivered for about 20 minutes. We were moved to another table but again the service was lacking. My husband ordered a burger and fries and I ordered the quinoa salad. The fries were ice cold and the waitress went off to get a fresh order at which time my husband tried his burger and it was charred on one side. When the waitress returned with the new fries (over 15 minutes) my husband showed her the burger but declined a 2nd ...only to have her walk off and we realized the fries were again cold. After speaking with the manager...I assured him my quinoa salad was excellent, the manager said he wouldn't charge us for the burger and fries, but when the bill arrived we had been charged. The manager apologized and left with our bill to fix it, but didn't return for 15 minutes...he had forgotten all about us and it was obvious by his embarrassment at which point he told us to just leave and lunch was on him!! I'd like to point out the restaurant wasn't overly busy and there were a number of empty tablesThis all took almost 2 and a half hours! This past weekend I went with my sisters who were visiting from out of town. I ordered the veg burger with no bun and sweet potatoe fries. The burger came without the toppings (Brie, spinach and avocado) and I was given maybe 15 fries. I told the waitress the burger wasn't what was on the menu...she returned 10 minutes later with a side of avocado, mayo and melted Brie but by then the burger was cold and I'd lost my appetite so I just ate my few fries. My one sister had the soup and salad and loved it. My other sister ordered the ahi tuna tacos...the tuna looked and smelled bad with brown spots, the toppings were not as stated on the menu and in fact there was very little topping and it consisted mostly of shredded cheese (on a tuna taco?) the waitress said the chef would be out to speak to us...but after 30 minutes he didn't come out....there was only one other table with customers....we were only charged for the soup and salad. We won't be returning a third time.