“A Hidden Treasure”

Hidden Valley Resort
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
“A Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The resort provided a lovely, hidden escape from the city. The service and quality were impeccable, especially at the Birches restaurant. A great value overall. I would recommend this resort and likely return in the near future!

• Stayed April 2014
GMHiddenValleyResort, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review of Hidden Valley Resort , knowing that everything was up to your expectations is what our Staff work hard to achieve at all times.
Reviews are shared with our staff.
I hope we can welcome you back to Hidden Valley Resort in the very near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
around the world
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Took advantage of an off-season package and really enjoyed our weekend here. The hotel was very quiet (it was between ski and summer season) which was perfect for some down time.
The included breakfast was great, and servers were wonderful. Dinner was nothing special, but again the restaurant staff were great and the atmosphere perfect for a relaxed meal.
The rooms were large enough, very comfortable (great pillows) and clean. Had a beautiful view of the lake - which was nice to have, but I`d likely opt out of that choice if only at the resort for skiing.
We spent the days hiking (there are some short trails in the area and longer ones closer to Algonquin), exploring Hunstville, and checking out the local stores/restaurants. Two days was the perfect amount of time to spend here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank illjill
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review Hidden Valley Resort on Trip Advisor and I am very pleased that you found the resort both comfortable , clean and offering great customer service.
I was concerned that the restaurant was not up to your expectations and these reviews are shared with our Executive Chef so that we make sure your dining experience is more than mediocre.
I hope to welcome you again back to \Hidden Valley Resort very soon.
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Although some of the criticisms of the other reviewers are valid, it would be hippocritical of me not to give this hotel a five circle rating because I have been coming here every winter for over the past ten years!

(Note that this review is directed more to travellers from the local area who are not used to skiing in the Rockies or the Alps. If you are expect Whistler, go to BC!!!)

The last couple of times I stayed here was over the Family Day long weekend. Despite the extra work involved (I gather this is their busiest time of the year), the staff are always courteous and professional. With the swimming pool, sauna, and lounge/bar area equipped with a cozy fireplace, this modest hotel takes on a very festive and relaxing atmosphere in the winter.

The restaurant has a nice ambience due to the natural lighting from the glass walls and the beautiful views of the lake and the ski hill. The food is not gourmet, but the service is very professional and the hand-cut fries are not to be missed.

As for the rooms, they are quite clean and they recently upgraded the furniture. The Group of Seven prints are a nice touch as are the heated bathroom floors. If you plan to hang out in your room during daytime with your book and coffee, the extra charge for the lake/ski hill views are worth it. If you will be in the room mostly overnight, don't bother.

Finally, although I do not have children, this hotel seems to be good value for famillies with young kids who are learning to ski or snowboard. Not just money-wise but time-wise: the ski-in, ski-out feature is very convenient.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cannucker
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of Hidden Valley Resort, so glad we can welcome you back year after year and that you find our resort up to your expectations.
We strive to keep doing more each year so our guests can enjoy the best customer service and
superior guest rooms at every visit.
We hope to welcome you back next year.
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Good prices, specially if you book a deal.

Rooms updated (most), clean and comfortable.

Service was friendly and efficient.

some have balconies, other's great views.
Dinning room food if wholesome, good and properly priced.

some cozy seats by the fire in the bar.

What more could you ask for and be a 50 yard walk to the Ski Slopes

Room Tip: ask for 2nd or 3rd floor as they seem to have been more recently updated. If you don't like stai...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GMHiddenValleyResort, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of Hidden Valley Resort.
Our staff work hard to provide our guests with clean comfortable rooms, delicious food and
superior customer service.
Your comments will be shared with our employees.
I hope you will return to Hidden Valley this summer to enjoy our resort.
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights almost half a year ago during 2013 Thanksgiving weekend. I didn't realize I did not submit my review about this place. I'm compelled to do so because this place was a pleasant surprise and made up for the crappy weather during our trip to Algonquin Park.

The hotel is much better than I expected. It seems quite well maintained. The room is clean and beds are comfortable. We feel safe and secure here.
It sits on a hill overlooking a lake, very nice scenery. And, you can access the lake from the hotel.
We reserved a 2 double bed room but we got a bigger room with 2 queen and a sofa bed. This might have made a better experience for us.
The pool is also nice. A decent size and not crowded at all when we used it. Yes, you have to request for towels from the front desk but no big deal. And, I'm glad they have a shower and a change room in the pool area.
This place will be on our list on our next visit to Algonquin Park.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BrickWall166
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of our resort and I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our facilities
and our clean comfortable rooms.
We have and are still renovating Hidden Valley Resort continually to provide our guest with the superior accommodation they deserve.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Hidden Valley resort in the very near future.
Orillia, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We recently stayed here for a March Break family getaway and my husband and I both shared a food item and were violently ill afterwards. This problem was addressed at the time to kitchen staff, front desk staff and also the manager to no resolve or even a care. We were there for 2 nights and lost an entire day or more due to this.

Also nothing for the kids to do except swim. I had expected over March Break some extra activities to occupy the kids.

Beds were good, we would know since we spent a lot of time in them.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cottagegirl29
GMHiddenValleyResort, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us. We value your comments, and will share them with our management team. It was unfortunate you didn’t feel that guest satisfaction was met. I assure we take great pride and care with the preparation of all our food in our restaurant, and I’m sorry to hear you were not feeling well that evening. I understand however you did get an opportunity to speak with the Dining Room Manager the following afternoon while you were enjoying your lunch in our Restaurant, regarding your concerns and I believe he did resolve that for you at that time.
During our march break we had a variety of activities for all the children to participate in and enjoy, we played two movies every night in our movie room, we had a Ping Pong room, outdoor skating rink, games room with pool table and video games, the indoor pool or course, we had a hill in front of our property for tobogganing, snowshoes available for use, not to mention we are across the road from downhill skiing and minutes away from a arrowhead provincial park. I think it is fair to say we had an abundance of activities to choose from.
I do hope this experience does not prevent you from joining us once again.
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed at the resort for 2 nights and had a great time. Hidden Valley is a very clean and lovely looking place. The amenities are first rate and the views across the lake and ski hill are excellent. The room 304 was clean and the housekeeping staff were quick and efficient. One small complaint was the small size of the towels for the swimming pool area. They were fine for kids and teens but not for adults. Overall very satisfied and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larry M
GMHiddenValleyResort, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Hidden Valley Resort and I pleased that you found our hotel clean and comfortable and that staff were efficient, I will share your comments with them.
Hidden Valley is constantly being renovated and upgraded to a high standard but the view from some guest rooms and our dining room can not be improved upon as you indicated .
I will look into our pool towels to see what we can do to improve size for adults.
I hope you will return soon to Hidden Valley Resort.