“Nice and Clean!”

Hidden Valley Resort
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night on a short golf getaway, some friends of ours also stayed in the next room. It was a King Suite, which we found very roomy, it was nice having the balcony overlooking the lake too. Everything was nice and clean, and we loved the mattress and pillows. Check in and Check out was handled very quickly by the front desk staff. We were sorry we couldn't stay longer to take part in some of the lakeside amenities that are offered. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: King Room with lakeside balcony
1  Thank Wendy B

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed here for a night with my family while we were on our way to Algonquin. As soon as we entered the hotel, I was struck by a bad 'fast food' smell, which I later realised was coming from the restaurant, which is close by the lobby. The hallways to the rooms also smelled bad, and were also very noisy, as there is not a lot of sound insulation, and we had to listen to slamming doors day and night. The room did not smell bad, which I was thankful for! The bed was clean and comfortable, but the bathroom was dirty (soap scum all over the bath, and the counter not clean). I had trouble falling asleep because of all the noise outside. Lots of rooms are right next to the large parking lot, and up until midnight I had to listen to people calling out to each other and locking their cars by sounding the horn. This happens at all hotels, but usually there is better sound insulation so you can't hear it. I would recommend only staying on the lakeview side of the hotel, to avoid being close to the parking lot. The staff were certainly polite, but could do with being a little more attentive and welcoming. It was our first time at this place, and they did nothing on check in to tell us anything about the facilities (we booked on hotwire at the last minute, and had no idea about the hotel). Also, they didn't inform us of the wi fi, or give us the password, which even a one star motel will usually do without fail when you check in. The restaurant has a beautiful view of the lake, but the floors had not been cleaned from the night before, and there were food scraps everywhere. I thought the breakfast was a good deal, and the trick was to get to the food after it had been freshly placed on the buffet. The service during breakast was terrible though! The waitress completely ignored us as we entered the restaurant, and the staff pretty much continued to ignore us throughout our meal. The sandy beach on the lake was smallish but beautiful, and there was lots of space for other sports. We got a good deal on our room price, but I can't imagine paying full price for this place. I would look for somewhere nicer. I have stayed in 2.5 star places that are better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank templife
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife and I decided to get away for a couple of nights to celebrate our anniversary. I had booked the stay as a surprise for my wife. When we arrived, an error had been made in our booking, and while this happens, we were initially rather disappointed. However, John the desk supervisor, rectified the situation quickly and made us very happy! The weather was a little iffy, but we did find time to enjoy the canoes, paddling out and about the lovely bays near the resort. We enjoyed dinner in the Birches restaurant and were treated to excellent service by Laura. The cleaning staff were friendly, always saying hello as we went by. The breakfast buffet was delicious, with plenty of options to satisfy even a gluten-sensitive diet! We would come again!

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We visited the hidden valley resort as we were attending a wedding. The resort was pretty and had many activities to do. They have two pools, free kayak/paddle boat rentals, a fire pit, beach and a tennis/basketball court. Their restaurant food was convenient but it wasn't the best. Breakfast was a buffet and the eggs were horrible both days and, in my opinion, it wasn't worth 15$. We got a jacuzzi room for the weekend. The jacuzzi initially wasn't working and when they it it working, the jet pressure made the water spray all the over the floor. There was a nice fireplace but it was blocking the A/C's flow to the room.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed there this week for a quick getaway. The resort is very dated and definatly in need of some tlc. We stayed in the beer room which was very charming, when we moved the pillows on the bed there was blood all over the shame, we called the front desk and they sent someone up right away, to replace the pillows and gave up a free breakfast for the next day, we were pretty grossed out. I asked her if they wash the shames, she said yes they do... but when she pulled the shame off the pillow the case underneth was also blood stained so I guess they dont which is realy gross.. the duvet on the bed was also flithy. The grounds were gorgeous!!! Unfortunatly it rained while we were there so we were stuck inside, the pool inside was really dirty and slimy, there was a games room with a pool table and foosball table but it was all out of order and just looked like no one ever bothers to go in there. The food was great and so were the drinks. I really think this could be a great resort if they did some updating and payed a little more attention to detail... we spent over 200 on the room for one night and did not think it was worth it

2  Thank katesxo90
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were staying in this hotel on Christmas time 2 years in a row. It is on the skiing hill, so it is very convenient if you come to ski. Very quiet, not big, have an indoor pool, sauna, restaurant on site. Everything was great, the service, rooms are clean. But the only disappointment was the sauna. You are coming back from skiing, it is cold outside, you think you will really enjoy the warmth of sauna. But it is barely warm, you are getting cold in 30 minutes. It seems that nobody knows how to operate this sauna. Suggestion to management of the property to fix it, because it is very important to have the sauna especially on winter time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Escaped for the weekend to relax and enjoy the outdoors this past weekend. The room was well appointed and exactly what I was looking for. We had a balcony room overlooking the lake - excellent choice. Hotel staff were very accommodating and the amenities were what we expected. This is certainly a gem that should be considered if you are visiting Huntsville. We will certainly return! Thanks for a great weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side provide an excellent view and offer a balcony to relax and enjoy the afternoo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jason R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville
Deerhurst Resort
Deerhurst Resort
#3 of 18 in Huntsville
Algonquin Lakeside Inn

Been to Hidden Valley Resort? Share your experiences!