It is our first stay at Deerhust. We usually go to another resort in the region for skiing over Christmas/New Year's. We are here with our 4 year old son and have friends with 3 boys in another unit. Overall the units are clean and fine. We are here for a few nights including New Year's Eve. We had a nice dinner with our friends and stayed up together until the New Year. Upon going to bed at 1am there was a sudden loud boom of music from the room above us. It was like being in a club. We called to front desk who said they would have security go to their room. The music didn't stop. I waited and called again. Still the music went on - with lots of bass booming. Eventually I fell asleep out of sheer exhaustion for maybe an hour or two to wake up to the same. Boom boom boom. The wall here are very thin. I called the service desk once again to be told that security was there as well as the OPP (police) earlier and now they wouldn't do anything further. The only thing the hotel suggested was that I could call the police myself. That's it. So here I am now up at 5:38 am, exhausted, headache with no respite for this booming music. All I wanted was a nice quiet few days up north with my family to ski. I thought it was a family resort not a rave.
We had a problem with our cable earlier in the evening and they came immediately to fix it and the men told us that the police were around then because of loud partiers. I guess I should have known this could happen being new year's, but we've stayed other places and have never experienced this before. Why would I possibly want to pay for a room where I can't sleep? It's just awful. You would think with the thin walls here they could forewarn guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Deerhurst Resort's idyllic lakeside setting in Muskoka cottage country. This 760 acre, year-round retreat is minutes from Algonquin Park and historical, culinary, sporting and cultural attractions like Huntsville's Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery and neighboring Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area. Known for its two 18-hole golf courses, Deerhurst offers the most on-site activities of any Eastern Canada resort, from indoor rock climbing, Treetop Trekking, paintball, ATV tours and snowmobiling to water sports, spa and a live entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario, Canada