3,667 results
All reviews main building eclipse restaurant summit lodge bedroom condo splash zone rock climbing golf course march break horseback riding indoor pool outdoor activities cross country skiing winter activities dance competition nice resort water activities family vacation
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had yet another wonderful experience at Deerhurst. Went for a girls weekend and we were, as always, impressed with the rooms, grounds, staff and service.

Thanks to all the staff working in the lobby, the shop, the spa and the breakfast buffet.... we are so impressed with your dedication and service.

Special thanks to Andrew at the Lobby Bar who went above and beyond for my friends and I. He's amazing and ensured we had a great Saturday night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

As a Senior Contributor for TripAdvisor and well-travelled guest we sincerely appreciate your 5 star review and the kind compliments about our resort and service team!

We hope to welcome you back for another ‘Girls Weekend’ and recommend you inquire about our Spring Girlfriend Getaway Weekend with Jully Black and Jarvis Chruch April 11-13, 2014, featuring accommodation, marche dinner, live performances, workshops and shopping of course!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Last summer during the blackout in Muskoka my family spent a night in a 2 bedroom condo at this resort. I realize it was last minute but they stuck us in the most DISGUSTING, dirty, old and smelly room I have ever seen. The furniture was musty and looked like it was from 1978. It ended up costing us over $1000 which they said they would partially refund but when I called back to speak to the Manager she was always "unavailable". Nothing was ever done, all we were told was that next time we should specifically ask for an upgraded room. So today I decided to take my chances again. Our family is renewing their vows there so we decided to book one night again in a 2 bedroom condo. When I called, I was told that there was a 2 night minimum. We own a cottage down the road but decided to give them our business as we have no one to care for our children if we attend this function, nor did we want to drink and drive. But, by the same token did not want to spend over $1000. They would not make any exception even though I was prepared to spend $500 for the one night. This resort is disgusting...they don't give a crap about their guests' needs and would rather turn away a $500 room to stand on ceremony (not to mention what we would have spent on spa services, golf and in the restaurants). Good luck people. They have lost my business FOR GOOD!!! No one should ever have to beg to give a business (especially in the hospitality industry) their business. I have stayed at the finest resorts in the world and have NEVER experienced such disgusting customer service. Off to tell my family that I will not be able to attend their happy day. Thanks for nothing!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We are disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations and apologize for your dissatisfaction. Our Executive office has direct messaged you via TripAdvisor in hopes to personally connect with you, so that we may have the opportunity to investigate and address your concerns.

We remain hopeful we will have the chance to welcome you back at some point and ensure you are assigned one of our newly renovated rooms and have a more positive experience with us, which we are known to provide.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoy the beauty that Ontario has to offer. So we were excited to stay at Deerhurst. The entrance was breathtaking and the interior with the high ceilings felt like you were somewhere really magnificent. We stayed in one of the modern rooms, which was nice to look at… but not to sit on. The couches were uncomfortable and the bed was on the more firm side, which isn’t our preference. We loved the fireplace and the flat screen TV, and the side table. Unfortunately, it rained the entire time we were there so we weren’t able to do much. There was also a cheerleading competition going on so there were children everywhere which we normally don’t mind but they were literally EVERYWHERE – no peace and quiet. The restaurants were actually closed on the different nights we were there, so we had to eat at the same one each time. We like to try new places when we go but weren’t able to . We had a reservation at the spa but cancelled it because the rest of the trip was disappointing already, we didn’t want to spend extra money to be disappointed further. I am sure this place is better in the Summer or Winter when there is more to do, but not worth the money in the Spring.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review and the many compliments. We are sorry to read that you were disappointed with aspects of your stay.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future to ensure you leave with a more positive impression. Please contact us at info@deerhurstresort.com, should you wish to give us another try.

Future guests: We do recommend guests visit our website or contact us directly to learn about our facilities/amenities and offerings and make advance reservations to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our three days and two nights stay at Deerhurst Resort. We really enjoyed the snow show trails, the hot tub and the friendly staff. Our room was spacious clean and comfortable. The facility is first class.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MalcolmMax

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are pleased to read that you were impressed and enjoyed your winter vacation at Deerhurst Resort! We appreciate you taking time to post a review and will pass your feedback along to our team. We look forward to your return so you may relax and enjoy your leisure time and explore everything Muskoka has to offer!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and two young sons recently returned from a weekend at Deerhurst. Overall our experience was enjoyable and was happy with our decision to try Deerhurst. I loved the easy access to the skating and cross-country skiing. Staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and a good size. We had two dinners at Eclipse and the wait staff were exceptional. Our waiter was very personable and warm and he went out of his way to put our young sons at ease in a "fancy" restaurant. The only complaint is that there is not a place to have a light breakfast. The breakfast buffet is too much food and overly priced for families who are looking for a light breakfast. Pool was great too! We will definitely think about returning next year.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for giving us a try! We are glad you were impressed with our hospitality and appreciate you sharing your experience with others.

The next time you dine with us please inquire with your server about the various breakfast options available. For those guests who prefer a lighter breakfast menu, we offer an al a carte offering (option of ordering menu items separately) or purchase the Cold Buffet portion which provides a selections of fresh fruit, assorted cereals, breads and yogurt.

We look forward to your return next year – if not sooner!