3,648 results
All reviewsmain buildingeclipse restaurantsummit lodgebedroom condosplash zonerock climbinggolf coursemarch breakhorseback ridingindoor pooloutdoor activitiescross country skiingwinter activitiesdance competitionnice resortwater activitiesfamily vacation
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Reserved a room overnight to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. It was a surprise.
While the foyer is magnificent, the room was good but we expected great due to the reputation of this resort. We were planning on dining at the Eclipse restaurant until we saw the prices on the menu - we felt the restaurant was over-priced based on meal selection and the location of the resort.
We did enjoy walking around the large sized property, snowshoeing was difficult due both to the uphill terrain and the icy finish on the existing snow. We did like the pool area and the hot tub.
Would we return? Probably not. We are not golfers (which is most popular in this area) and since we own a 5th wheel, we'd enjoy exploring Ontario via camping rather than stay in an over-priced summer resort.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen Q
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with us at Deerhurst Resort! Your comments are important to us and will be evaluated as we are committed to continuous improvement and delivering the best experience possible and your comments assist us in these efforts.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

From Nick's welcome as we arrived through the revolving doors, to the excellent and friendly service we received from Jodi at check-in and all the other staff we dealt with (Melissa, Ian, Drew, Matt), our family enjoyed a lovely 4 days at Deerhurst. I can't say enough about the excellent service. The food in the Lobby Lounge and the staff (Nina&Dora) were terrific. The few small concerns that cropped up during our stay were dealt with immediately. I would definitely recommend the resort as a place to relax and enjoy the beauty of northern Ontario.

The only negative comment I have is that the route to the pool is a bit convoluted through back passages and having to go to the the shop in order to obtain towels and then having to return the towels by the same route (not sure why there couldn't have been a used towel bin in the hallway outside the change rooms). Also, clearly the change rooms and showers were not renovated for the Summit because many of the doors were falling off the lockers, the hair dryer didn't work, and the shower stall I used on one occasion was filthy - the wall I accidentally touched felt greasy from what could only be extended neglect. This was on the Tuesday after the March break rush, so there's really no good explanation - the resort was pretty empty by this point.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for joining us over the March Break Holiday! We are glad you were impressed with our hospitality and appreciate you sharing your experience with others. We are indeed fortunate to have the caliber of employees we have as you noted in your review. It will be my pleasure to pass along your comments to our team and ensure they get the recognition they deserve.

I sincerely apologize that you had difficulty locating towels in our Winter Recreation Shop (also referred to as Lakeside ProShop in the summer months). We will review our communique at the resort as we are committed to continuous improvement and delivering the best experience possible and your comments assist us in these efforts.

We look forward to your return soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had yet another wonderful experience at Deerhurst. Went for a girls weekend and we were, as always, impressed with the rooms, grounds, staff and service.

Thanks to all the staff working in the lobby, the shop, the spa and the breakfast buffet.... we are so impressed with your dedication and service.

Special thanks to Andrew at the Lobby Bar who went above and beyond for my friends and I. He's amazing and ensured we had a great Saturday night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

As a Senior Contributor for TripAdvisor and well-travelled guest we sincerely appreciate your 5 star review and the kind compliments about our resort and service team!

We hope to welcome you back for another ‘Girls Weekend’ and recommend you inquire about our Spring Girlfriend Getaway Weekend with Jully Black and Jarvis Chruch April 11-13, 2014, featuring accommodation, marche dinner, live performances, workshops and shopping of course!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Last summer during the blackout in Muskoka my family spent a night in a 2 bedroom condo at this resort. I realize it was last minute but they stuck us in the most DISGUSTING, dirty, old and smelly room I have ever seen. The furniture was musty and looked like it was from 1978. It ended up costing us over $1000 which they said they would partially refund but when I called back to speak to the Manager she was always "unavailable". Nothing was ever done, all we were told was that next time we should specifically ask for an upgraded room. So today I decided to take my chances again. Our family is renewing their vows there so we decided to book one night again in a 2 bedroom condo. When I called, I was told that there was a 2 night minimum. We own a cottage down the road but decided to give them our business as we have no one to care for our children if we attend this function, nor did we want to drink and drive. But, by the same token did not want to spend over $1000. They would not make any exception even though I was prepared to spend $500 for the one night. This resort is disgusting...they don't give a crap about their guests' needs and would rather turn away a $500 room to stand on ceremony (not to mention what we would have spent on spa services, golf and in the restaurants). Good luck people. They have lost my business FOR GOOD!!! No one should ever have to beg to give a business (especially in the hospitality industry) their business. I have stayed at the finest resorts in the world and have NEVER experienced such disgusting customer service. Off to tell my family that I will not be able to attend their happy day. Thanks for nothing!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We are disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations and apologize for your dissatisfaction. Our Executive office has direct messaged you via TripAdvisor in hopes to personally connect with you, so that we may have the opportunity to investigate and address your concerns.

We remain hopeful we will have the chance to welcome you back at some point and ensure you are assigned one of our newly renovated rooms and have a more positive experience with us, which we are known to provide.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoy the beauty that Ontario has to offer. So we were excited to stay at Deerhurst. The entrance was breathtaking and the interior with the high ceilings felt like you were somewhere really magnificent. We stayed in one of the modern rooms, which was nice to look at… but not to sit on. The couches were uncomfortable and the bed was on the more firm side, which isn’t our preference. We loved the fireplace and the flat screen TV, and the side table. Unfortunately, it rained the entire time we were there so we weren’t able to do much. There was also a cheerleading competition going on so there were children everywhere which we normally don’t mind but they were literally EVERYWHERE – no peace and quiet. The restaurants were actually closed on the different nights we were there, so we had to eat at the same one each time. We like to try new places when we go but weren’t able to . We had a reservation at the spa but cancelled it because the rest of the trip was disappointing already, we didn’t want to spend extra money to be disappointed further. I am sure this place is better in the Summer or Winter when there is more to do, but not worth the money in the Spring.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review and the many compliments. We are sorry to read that you were disappointed with aspects of your stay.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future to ensure you leave with a more positive impression. Please contact us at info@deerhurstresort.com, should you wish to give us another try.

Future guests: We do recommend guests visit our website or contact us directly to learn about our facilities/amenities and offerings and make advance reservations to avoid disappointment.