Knights Inn - Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$266
US$258
Huntsville Inn(Huntsville)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$164
Motel 6 Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$251
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$111
US$103
Comfort Inn Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
US$146
TripAdvisor
Hidden Valley Resort(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
US$231
TripAdvisor
3,534 results
All reviewsmain buildingeclipse restaurantsummit lodgesteamersbedroom condosplash zonemaple restaurantrock climbinggolf coursemarch breakhorseback ridingdog sleddingdance competitionlobby barindoor pooloutdoor activitiescross country skiing
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I went last year with my kids and we had a great time. The food was overpriced but I didn't let it bug me. This year we went again for three days over March Break. I could feel a definite change in the resort, it seemed like they wanted as much of your money as they could get with as little output on their part. The restaurant in the basement which was a cheaper alternative to the Eclipse restaurant and had more standard fare has been closed. Now they have food in the lobby bar. Much worse. I asked for green tea, they had an ancient decaf green tea that tasted like horse pee. She said decaf is all they have. I'm sure grocery stores in Huntsville carry tea? They want $10 for every 24 hours of wifi!!!!! Tim Horton's offers free wifi. Deerhurst does offer free wifi but the signal gets cut every 20 minutes. I wonder how many people pay to have an uninterrupted signal. To get towels for the pool you have to walk well out of the way of the pool to pick them up and then walk through several doors through the maintenance area of the basement to get to the pool. You have to follow the same route back to return. I get that people steal towels and they don't like that. I don't steal towels and it was a huge pain in the butt. In terms of activities: we went dogsledding, the staff there seemed pretty disconnected and didn't explain anything about how to dogsled before we set off. We'd done it the year before (and it was lots of fun) but the people in front of us hadn't, so the one woman stood on the brake the whole time causing my son and I to bunch up behind her and wipe out several times. What a waste of money. The short x-country ski trail hadn't been groomed in several days from the look of it, the tracks were mostly gone and skiing was really difficult. And the snowshoeing trail? Short and a steep uphill. There is a beautiful forest surrounding deerhurst and we're left with a 1km steep uphill trail for snowshoeing! My Mom couldn't get 5 feet up it. Otherwise I found the wait staff to be very distracted except for a couple of amazing exceptions. The activities are all really mickey mouse and cheap (the cross country ski equipment is ancient, worn out and with pieces missing), dogsledding was pathetic. I'm still mad! It just felt sooo cheap. After wiping out so many times dogsledding I asked about getting a massage at the spa. $165 for 50 minutes! I declined. On the plus side, they do heat their pool which was great.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor so you don't have kids running laps in lead boots above your head.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for posting a review. We are disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations and apologize for the service inconsistencies and your dissatisfaction. Your comments are very important to us and we will recount your experience to our teams to exemplify a missed opportunity to meet the expectations of a valued guest.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future to ensure you leave with a more positive impression. Please contact us at info@deerhurstresort.com, should you wish to give us another try.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great family vacation experience. We enjoyed cross country skiing, snow shoeing, skating, and tubing in nearby Arrowhead Provincial park. We had great dinners too. The buffet is wonderful, and the children's buffet is excellent. Summit park lodges are newly renovated, and well appointed, and staff are very friendly.

Room Tip: Summit Park lodges have a kitchenette. Suites have full kitchens.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are pleased to read that you were impressed and enjoyed your winter vacation at Deerhurst Resort! We appreciate you taking time to post a detailed review and will pass your feedback along to our team. We look forward to your return so you may relax and enjoy your leisure time and explore everything Muskoka has to offer!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Reserved a room overnight to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. It was a surprise.
While the foyer is magnificent, the room was good but we expected great due to the reputation of this resort. We were planning on dining at the Eclipse restaurant until we saw the prices on the menu - we felt the restaurant was over-priced based on meal selection and the location of the resort.
We did enjoy walking around the large sized property, snowshoeing was difficult due both to the uphill terrain and the icy finish on the existing snow. We did like the pool area and the hot tub.
Would we return? Probably not. We are not golfers (which is most popular in this area) and since we own a 5th wheel, we'd enjoy exploring Ontario via camping rather than stay in an over-priced summer resort.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen Q

Thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with us at Deerhurst Resort! Your comments are important to us and will be evaluated as we are committed to continuous improvement and delivering the best experience possible and your comments assist us in these efforts.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

From Nick's welcome as we arrived through the revolving doors, to the excellent and friendly service we received from Jodi at check-in and all the other staff we dealt with (Melissa, Ian, Drew, Matt), our family enjoyed a lovely 4 days at Deerhurst. I can't say enough about the excellent service. The food in the Lobby Lounge and the staff (Nina&Dora) were terrific. The few small concerns that cropped up during our stay were dealt with immediately. I would definitely recommend the resort as a place to relax and enjoy the beauty of northern Ontario.

The only negative comment I have is that the route to the pool is a bit convoluted through back passages and having to go to the the shop in order to obtain towels and then having to return the towels by the same route (not sure why there couldn't have been a used towel bin in the hallway outside the change rooms). Also, clearly the change rooms and showers were not renovated for the Summit because many of the doors were falling off the lockers, the hair dryer didn't work, and the shower stall I used on one occasion was filthy - the wall I accidentally touched felt greasy from what could only be extended neglect. This was on the Tuesday after the March break rush, so there's really no good explanation - the resort was pretty empty by this point.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for joining us over the March Break Holiday! We are glad you were impressed with our hospitality and appreciate you sharing your experience with others. We are indeed fortunate to have the caliber of employees we have as you noted in your review. It will be my pleasure to pass along your comments to our team and ensure they get the recognition they deserve.

I sincerely apologize that you had difficulty locating towels in our Winter Recreation Shop (also referred to as Lakeside ProShop in the summer months). We will review our communique at the resort as we are committed to continuous improvement and delivering the best experience possible and your comments assist us in these efforts.

We look forward to your return soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had yet another wonderful experience at Deerhurst. Went for a girls weekend and we were, as always, impressed with the rooms, grounds, staff and service.

Thanks to all the staff working in the lobby, the shop, the spa and the breakfast buffet.... we are so impressed with your dedication and service.

Special thanks to Andrew at the Lobby Bar who went above and beyond for my friends and I. He's amazing and ensured we had a great Saturday night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

As a Senior Contributor for TripAdvisor and well-travelled guest we sincerely appreciate your 5 star review and the kind compliments about our resort and service team!

We hope to welcome you back for another ‘Girls Weekend’ and recommend you inquire about our Spring Girlfriend Getaway Weekend with Jully Black and Jarvis Chruch April 11-13, 2014, featuring accommodation, marche dinner, live performances, workshops and shopping of course!