We were passing through the area and looking for somewhere nice to celebrate my birthday. (I'm not the "noisy party" sort.) We stayed in a Summit Lodge and were really impressed with -- in no particular order -- the kitchenette, the showerhead, the fireplace, the views, the furniture, the mattresses, and the absolutely marvelous way no mysterious allergic reactions ruined getting a decent night's sleep. (It's happened to me before, even in luxury hotels.)
Dinner in the Lobby Bar was lovely and everyone enjoyed their selections. Buffet breakfast at Eclipse was wonderful. Staff at both restaurants were attentive and personable but knew when to let us just enjoy our meals and conversation. They absolutely earned their generous tips!
Our visit was marred by bad weather and I'll also admit that it grated somewhat to pay a "resort fee" when the resort was closed to us. I might also suggest that since indoor parking isn't an option, the resort might offer clearing snow and ice off of vehicles as a service. That said, we all agreed that it was a great trip and we're definitely going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Deerhurst Resort's idyllic lakeside setting in Muskoka cottage country. This 760 acre, year-round retreat is minutes from Algonquin Park and historical, culinary, sporting and cultural attractions like Huntsville's Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery and neighboring Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area. Known for its two 18-hole golf courses, Deerhurst offers the most on-site activities of any Eastern Canada resort, from indoor rock climbing, Treetop Trekking, paintball, ATV tours and snowmobiling to water sports, spa and a live entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario, Canada