This was our first time at Deerhurst and in Huntsville. We were there for my son's wedding April 25-27, 2014. The wedding itself was at Grandview Golf Club. There were however many family and friends that chose to stay at Deerhurst as a shuttle had been arranged to take guests between Deerhurst and Grandview Golf Club.
The reservation was made weeks in advance and I must say that the person I dealt with was somewhat rude and did not in the least make me feel comfortable. Nothing worse then feeling talked down to - especially when I'm the customer. Despite this first overall impression I went ahead and made the reservation. So be aware that the people at Bookings need to work on their people skills as they are the first contact with the Resort.
Upon arrival at Deerhurst, staff at the Front-desk were quite friendly. They explained how to get to the condo and how the keys worked. The map they gave us however is far from clear and it can be quite confusing the first time.
Our condo was clean and had a view on the tennis courts. The DVD did not work (and despite two staff members working on it for over an hour - did not get it to work) and there was no offer to bring in another one. The toilet in one of the rooms was leaking - this was promptly fixed!! The condo needs some refreshing - especially the bathrooms as they are somewhat dated.
We were told that a shuttle was available to take us to and from the condo. However it seems the front-desk was not aware of this, and even told us that the service no longer existed. So it seems the front-desk is not always made aware of what is available to the guests. My son, the groom, was also staying at Deerhurst. A shuttle bus had been arranged to take guests and family from Deerhurst to Granview Golf for the wedding. The front-desk was made aware of this but chose to ignore or overlook this and many of the guests at the wedding were left wondering what was happening. It is of no importance that the wedding was at Grandview, we were guests at the Deerhurst and should have been treated as such!!
We were there for two nights. We had no room service - no one came to replenish the coffe, tea, ask if we needed fresh towels, etc.....Upon reading the guest book, I noticed the option of opting out of room service and that this would save me $10 a night per room (that would mean $60.00). I was not told of this option by the Booking staff, nor at the front desk. I did not get room service, therefore this fee should have been waved from my bill - it was not!!
The front desk did however allow for a later checkout time - one hour. This was much appreciated.
This very important weekend for our family could have been much more pleasant had we had an enjoyable stay at Deerhurst. The setting is beautiful, quite picturesque, however staff at front-desk, staff at bookings, room service are really what make the stay enjoyable - and this time, unfortunately they failed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Deerhurst Resort's idyllic lakeside setting in Muskoka cottage country. This 760 acre, year-round retreat is minutes from Algonquin Park and historical, culinary, sporting and cultural attractions like Huntsville's Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery and neighboring Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area. Known for its two 18-hole golf courses, Deerhurst offers the most on-site activities of any Eastern Canada resort, from indoor rock climbing, Treetop Trekking, paintball, ATV tours and snowmobiling to water sports, spa and a live stage show. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario, Canada