My Family and I have collectively been going up to Huntsville and stayed at Deerhurst and once at Grandview Resort for the past 22 years. I agree that the many rooms, Condo's and Sports Villa's that we have stayed in are quite "dated" for 2014. Some of the suites have been refurbished, as have all the Sports Villa's. We had a mini vacation this past week at Deerhurst. We rented a 2 bedroom condo, (still with 1980's-1990's furniture, carpet, and appliances,) Here are some of the noted differences. We had to ask for daily Maid Service, and The Shuttle was only for The Decades Show, (which is still Fabulous Entertainment) and Steamers Restaurant. We have been paying almost $500 a night for over two decades for the one and two bedroom Condo's and Timeshares. We are used to that price. We remember when going to The Lodge for dinner and The Show was a suit and tie affair ONLY and my wife wore a dress and all her jewelry! Very different today! We are only 51. The amenities are still great for us and our two children, and we have never had a bad experience yet with any of the staff. We have noticed that most of the staff is much "younger" than we have seen in the years before. It will be very interesting to read the reviews after the brand new suites are built on the lakefront in 2016. We appreciate all that 2014 has to offer in terms of modern rooms in hotels and while we will still continue to visit Deerhurst we would always welcome the older suites to be modernized. Overpriced? Maybe for 2014, but we still consider Deerhurst a top notch Hotel in Huntsville. We will still visit Huntsville for the Town itself also, as it has it's own unique perspective on life in Muskoka.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Deerhurst Resort's idyllic lakeside setting in Muskoka cottage country. This 760 acre, year-round retreat is minutes from Algonquin Park and historical, culinary, sporting and cultural attractions like Huntsville's Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery and neighboring Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area. Known for its two 18-hole golf courses, Deerhurst offers the most on-site activities of any Eastern Canada resort, from indoor rock climbing, Treetop Trekking, paintball, ATV tours and snowmobiling to water sports, spa and a live entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario, Canada