We stayed in a one bedroom Summit Lodge room, which was very nicely renovated. It had a tv in the living room area and in the bedroom, and a kitchenette with a two burner stovetop and microwave. Unfortunately, the kitchen was sparse of utensils (no spatula so you get to wreck the frying pan having to use a fork), only one pot and frying pan, and no mixing bowl. Also, salt and pepper should be staples, but my husband had to go to several places to finally get some. The other negative to the room was the very large patio doors have not been replaced and were so heavy and sticky, it took every ounce of muscle power to open and close them. Now, the wifi. We had two teenage boys with us. You could get free wifi, or choose high speed wifi for $10 per night. So, given the boys and their tech toys, we paid for the wifi. Clearly, their definition of high speed and ours is not the same. It was excrutiatingly slow at times, and dropped signals frequently. If not for these issues, I would definitely be giving 4 stars, as it was otherwise a very enjoyable stay. The indoor pool is very nice (but no slide), the beach area is lovely, and water amenities were great. Paddle boarding is as peaceful as it looks and I was glad of the opportunity to try it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Deerhurst Resort's idyllic lakeside setting in Muskoka cottage country. This 760 acre, year-round retreat is minutes from Algonquin Park and historical, culinary, sporting and cultural attractions like Huntsville's Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery and neighboring Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area. Known for its two 18-hole golf courses, Deerhurst offers the most on-site activities of any Eastern Canada resort, from indoor rock climbing, Treetop Trekking, paintball, ATV tours and snowmobiling to water sports, spa and a live entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario, Canada