“Great clean place.”
Review of King William Inn

King William Inn
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this motel many times in the past. We have never been disappointed. The rooms are super clean and very up to date. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is great. Walking distance to town and all amenities are within steps. It's also nice that you can sit outside of your room and take in the town. AWESOME place!! We will be back again soon!! You won't be disappointed. Great rates too!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Dave S
Jontonn, General Manager at King William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a great review of The Rodeway Inn King William ,
All of the staff at Rodeway Inn love to hear about the great job they are doing for our guests and reviews such as these are shared with them .
We hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Very clean Inn in the heart of the Muskoka's, in Huntsville Ontario. A nice walk to shopping and dining minutes either way of the Hotel. No resturant facilities on site, but that doesn't hurt this place as there are so many places to go within a 5 minute walking distance. The room was very clean, fully carpeted, coffee maker and a bar fridge in the room, the beds were very comfortable and the washroom was spotless. I sense maybe recently renovated or updated anyways. I recommend staying on the second floor as it has a nice view and a bit of a balcony to have coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: Second floor for the view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank trailboss05
Jontonn, Owner at King William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Dear Guest , Thank you for your positive review of our property and we aim to please every guest that arrives at The Rodeway Inn King William .
Just recently we have added our new free continental breakfast with each room, an added benefit of choosing a Choice Hotel .
As you mentioned our rooms have been renovated and upgraded and it is such a pleasure to find that our guests notice the comfort and cleanliness of our accommodation.
Hope that we will see you in the spring , summer and fall season so you can enjoy all our hotel and town has to offer. Don't forget to ask about Choice Privilage points and collect toward your free stay.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I've stayed at the King William Inn several times now and always in the winter. My family has a cottage near Huntsville and this is the motel that we traditionally stay in when we want to visit in the winter time.

It's a comfortable walk to downtown's many great restaurants, shops, and the movie theatre.

The updated rooms are comfortable. The linens on the beds is nice. Decor is nice. And the price is affordable.

My fiance and I visited in late December and stayed in room 14. I wanted her to try the Kind William as we are having our wedding in Huntsville and we wanted to be able to recommend a low-cost hotel option for our guests (as most are coming from out of town). Unfortunately, this will not be the hotel that we are booking/recommending.

When we woke up in the morning I picked up a pillow from the spare bed in the room only to find a bed bug on the pillow. We checked the bed that we had slept in and didn't find any evidence of bed bugs. Maybe they are just on the curtains or on the floor. However, we didn't stay another night to find out. We reported it to the front desk and the clerk didn't seem surprised. She took our number and told me that the 'owner' would respond to me personally.

When we arrived home my car had to be steam cleaned and fumigated. Everything that could be washed had to be washed and dried and everything that couldn't be washed had to steam cleaned (i.e. overnight bag, luggage, shoes). Not a good experience.

A last note: the owner never did contact us. I'm not sure if this is an isolated incident. If they are planning on fumigating the room. If they are planning on taking any action.

Perhaps we can secure a good rate from the Holiday Inn, Best Western, etc. for our wedding guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Someguynamederic
Jontonn, Owner at King William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

I arrived at my property approximately 15 minutes after the guests had departed. the guests had brought in to our reception what they thought was a bed bug , upon inspection of the bug it was determined it was a small spider like insect . Management have extensive training with this industry issue and take complaints such as this VERY seriously.

The Rodeway Inn did attempt to contact the guest to clarify our findings
before they left the area but had no response and further attempts to contact were unsuccessful.

I am sorry these guests felt there was an issue , i would be more than happy if they are back in our town for them to meet with me personally and take a tour of my property as I am confident my property has NO such issues. I am extremely concerned that our hotel was reviewed unjustly and being unable to contact you I would ask that you email me personally at
jburnside@kingwilliaminn.com

Reviewed 23 November 2012

We pulled in here in a blizzard late in the evening, tempted by the lights shining in the ground floor rooms. It's not an exciting location but we needed to find somewhere quickly and the rooms looked spacious, warm, clean and comfortable - and turned out to fulfil all our expectations. Good bathroom, comfy bed and coffee machine with coffee supplied: essentials on a snowy Canadian night.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Jontonn, Owner at King William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Thanks for your positive response so that other people can see how we value our guests at The Rodeway Inn King William .
We love to hear how we are providing our guests with cosy , comfortable rooms and also give value
We hope you can return to the Inn and you will be able to enjoy our hospitality once more.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

My husband and I just came back Thursday from a two night stay at this inn and will be back. The whole experience was great . Keep up the good work. Nice and close to restaurants, shopping and tims. All walking distance. A short drive to Algonquin park if you want to spend sometime checking out the wildlife. The room by the was was quiet and new duvet and pillows. I also noticed the nice mattress pad that was duvet type. A great sleep . The soaker tub was a plus. Hope to return soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Jontonn, Owner at King William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback about The Rodeway Inn , King William, we love to hear when guests have enjoyed their stay at The Rodeway Inn , King William and we endevour to constantly
improve our property so our valued guests can enjoy best value and superior comfort.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future .

Reviewed 13 October 2012

If you book your stay early enough you can save on the cost of your stay. I booked in July 2012, for my October visit. I stayed three days, and each day felt as if I had just arrived. The room was cleaned daily, had a fridge, and a coffee maker. Most hotels that supply coffee to the room don't usually supply a great coffee, King William does. A Cordoba Coffee Hospitality Blend, an excellent brew, I hope they never change it! The hotel staff are a friendly lot, knowledgeable about Huntsville and surrounding area. Brochures are on hand in the office area directing you to area activities, and most tourist spots. I was very pleased with my visit, and I will return!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your response as a very happy guest at The Rodeway Inn , King William , treating our guests royally is exactly the way we want each and every guest to feel every time they visit The Rodeway Inn, King William .
Our Staff are all very committed to serving each and every guest in a special way so that the guest
experiences what staying in a superior hotel feels like., and passing on your positive comments only helps our staff to take care of our guests in a professional and positive way.
Looking forward to serving you again .

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Very friendly reception
Good spacious room.
Nice bathroom
Too little outlets
The motel is on the main road through Huntsville. Looks good from the outside and inside.
Of course a fridge and free coffee

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PIETER B
Jon B, General Manager at King William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor .
We use this information to make sure we are providing excellent accommodation and superior customer service .

We thank you for your business and hope if you are returning to Huntsville again you will choose The Rodeway Inn .

Jon Burnside ,