“quality steak great atmosphere”
Review of Blackburn's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Blackburn's Steakhouse
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St. E
bracebridge
“quality steak great atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

This restaurant is very warm and inviting. The view out over the frozen river is breathtaking. My wife and I and another couple had dinner here and had an amazing experience. The service was friendly and accomodating. The food is to die for, crabcakes, scallops and the best ceaser salad I have ever had. As well we had the Ribeye the Steak Oscar and the amazing Surf n Turf for two! compliments to the chef. Cant wait to go back in the summer to enjoy the outdoor patio

• Visited January 2013

Toronto, Ontario
“Great appetizers but cold steak”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

A friend and I were in Huntsville for the "Girls' Getaway Weekend" November 9-11, 2012 and had a great weekend overall. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which was clean and comfortable. We had sushi downtown Huntsville for lunch which was exceptional. Very hearty handrolls and good service. We were looking for a nice dinner on the Saturday night before the Amanda Marshal concert and our hotel recommended Blackburn's. We checked out the menu during the day while downtown shopping and made reservations.
The ambiance was fine, nice and warm inside and the menu looked great. We each ordered an appetizer, one sea scallops and one crab cakes Benny and both were excellent. My friend couldn't find anything she wanted for a main on the menu so they accommodated her request to make up a jumbo black tiger shrimp main, and I ordered the bison rib eye.
The service was quite slow and the restaurant was very busy. When our meals finally came both our proteins were barely room temperature, while our sides were steaming hot. I let my meat rest at home but this was excessive and the steak was extremely thin. I don't think i have ever had such a thin piece of meat. However it was cooked to medium well. I think had it been a thicker cut it may have retained its temperature and i would have enjoyed it more.
I did complain, my friend did not. They offered to make another, but we had no time for that. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the cost of my entire main was taken off the bill. We were also looking forward to dessert that night, but dinner was so slow we had no time to have it. I would however return to Blackburn's in the future, but would order the filet, which the ladies next to us who arrived at least 30-45 mins after us received almost at the exact time as our main came out and they appeared to be enjoying it.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Haggis678
Cambridge, Canada
“Got the steak right - good start for a steakhouse”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The steak was just right, which is more than you can say for so many so-called steakhouses these days! Friendly staff and good atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012
“Great Ambiance - Quality Steaks”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The setting on the river is magical, and the quality of the food was excellent.

Visited June 2012
Dwight, Canada
“Terrible food, service...”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

A group of us were at Blackburn's for a Christmas party this December. We had booked well in advance. My wife and I had been here last year and enjoyed the evening. Not this time. The food was absolutely terrible, from appetizers to main courses of which at least 4 were overcooked and one steak was so inedible it was sent back.The service was terrible, the waitress was from their sister restaurant the Cottage bar, along with the cook there who had larryngitis that night. Neither had any clue about the menu or wine list. We wonder who was cooking that night. A disaster. The steaks are priced higher than the Keg, and at this level you expect much more. AVOID.

• Visited December 2011