“Excellent”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huntsville
Swallowdale Inn B & B
Ranked #3 of 22 Huntsville B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed at Swallowdale the weekend of the 2013 Ironman event. It was everything that a Canadian B&B experience should be. Our host and hostess could not have been more accomodating and friendly. The rooms and common areas were spacious and clean. This is also a great location if you want to stay in Muskoka but want to avoid all the crowds. The setting is stunning, right on the lake in a tree covered lot. Very quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Michael K, Owner at Swallowdale Inn B & B, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank you for the review. It was much appreciated. All the more so as it comes from the owner of St. Anne's Spa in Grafton the top destination spa in Ontario. Isabel and I really enjoy helping our Iron Man guests. Early breakfast and getting them off to a good start. Congratulations to your friends on their best times in this year's race.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pistoia, Italy
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Swallowdale Inn is absolutely the best place we stayed in Canada!
The house is placed in a wonderful location on a nice lake, with a well curated garden, beautiful and spacious interiors and two lovely owner, Michael and his wife, Isabel.
We slept 2 nights in the Lakesider room, a big and nice room overlooking the beautiful garden and the lake, with a full clean bathroom and a private entrance.
The breakfast was absolutely delicious, fresh and genuine.
Michael was so happy when we asked him to use his canoe for a short trip in the lake. He gave us all stuff and information, and we had a very romantic adventure at sunset!
Algonquin park is not so close, non so far (west gate is 40km away) but no worry about driving a little bit to reach it: if you stay at Swallowdale, you'll taste a piece of paradise!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael K, Owner at Swallowdale Inn B & B, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
"Swallowdale Inn is absolutely the best place we stayed in Canada!" Wow! Many thanks for the recommendation. We really enjoyed having you and chatting about the issues facing Europe. Your insights were most interesting. Perhaps we will see you again.
Cayuga, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This past weekend my wife and I spent a couple of days at this outstanding B & B. The hosts were very welcoming and gave great recommendations on restaurants and what to see and do. Our bedroom was huge and very nicely appointed. We even had our own screened in porch. The beach was lovely (sandy bottom) and you would have to go out in Fairy Lake a considerable distance before it was over your head.

Michael and Isabelle were delightful hosts and the breakfasts were scrumptious.. I could not get over the peace and tranquility that emanated from this property. The view was fantastic looking down the whole length of Fairy Lake. This was just an outstanding experience and we will do it again!

riverwood6foxlow@gmail.com

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the review. It was truly a delight to spend time chatting with you. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Innsbruck, Austria
Reviewed 29 July 2013

It was a really wonderful, awesome time in this beautiful B&B! We enjoyed the hospitality, the excellent breakfasts, the very clean and tasteful rooms, the dock on the lake, which we could see from our room, the silence, nature pure,... All in all: it is a must to come to this place- we came all the way from Austria and hope thet we are able to come again. Thank you so much Isebell and Michael!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Michael K, Owner at Swallowdale Inn B & B, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Barbara
Part of the joy of a B&B is the delightful people you meet. We had a great time chatting to you and we both hope to see you again someday.
Isabel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

don’t think twice about it, I guarantee you’ll love it.
we will definitely be returning and we make a point to let my travel agent in on this place so others may have the opportunity to enjoy it too. Thank you Isabella and Michael for everything, you've made our stay experience a very special one. Good luck with your daughter’s wedding.
Edna&Gideon

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Edna, Gideon
Thank you so much for the review. We really enjoyed having you stay. Gideon's stories were fun. Good luck with your sculpting. Come again.
Isabel
London, Ontario
Reviewed 22 July 2013

A Picky Traveler's Review
I am the first to admit that I am very picky when I travel, to the point that my travel agent panics every time I walk into her office. With that said, I myself went into panic mode when my husband told me he booked a surprise romantic getaway for the two of us at Swallowdale B&B. Having never stayed in a B&B before, he decided to trust the reviewers of Trip Advisor and just book it. I have to admit, once I found out about his little surprise, the first place I checked was Trip Advisor to see what other reviewers had to say. When I saw that all reviewers were giving Swallowdale 5 stars, well I became a little suspicious to say the least (is this just friends and family of the owners writing the reviews?). To be honest, I almost cancelled the weekend because I was that suspicious but boy, am I so glad I didn't.

Everything that past reviewers have said is absolutely true. Everything about Swallowdale; the property itself, the hosts (Isabelle & Michael), the lake, the location and lets not forget the incredible breakfasts, were absolutely perfect. People who know me, know I don’t often give recommend places but when it comes to Swallowdale, I have no qualms at all about recommending it. Never before in my travels have I returned to the same place twice, but I can guarantee you that I will be back to Swallowdale and just not one more time, but we might just make it a yearly trip now.

Ok, what you need to know…we stayed in the Lakeside room and it’s gorgeous. This beautifully decorated room has a queen size bed and patio doors that lead to your own private deck that overlooks the lake. The majority of rooms have their own bathroom facilities so there is no need to share. The common areas include a living room area with a large flat screen TV and a beautiful sunroom (which is a wonderful place to relax as well as have breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, they were absolutely wonderful. When we arrived, we were asked if we had any dislikes food wise, which we didn’t, but I’m sure they would be very accommodating if you did. The hosts have their own part of the house, so you don’t feel like you’re intruding on their lives. The living room also has a coffee area (so you can help yourself throughout the day) as well as a fridge in case you like to bring your own beverages. There is amble glassware available at your disposal. The dock was one of my favorite spots to just relax with a glass of wine and read my book. The entrance into the water is very sandy and the water is very shallow for quite some distance. There is a canoe (including paddles and safety equipment) as well as a paddle-boat at your disposal if you feel like investigating the lake.

The property itself and surrounding area: The B&B is between Huntsville and Algonquin Park which makes it a prime location. We are avid lovers of Algonquin Park but usually camp in the Park with our family. Staying at Swallowdale gave us the opportunity to enjoy one of Ontario’s most beautiful parks during the day and then travel into Huntsville for a delicious dinner in the evening. Warning, if you do the Mizzy Trail during the summer, makes sure you pack bug spray.

Bottom line from this traveler…don’t think twice about it, I guarantee you’ll love it. If I could give them more than 5 stars I would. We will definitely be returning and I’m going to make a point to let my travel agent in on this little hidden gem so others may have the opportunity to enjoy it too. Thank you Isabella and Michael for everything, you've made our first B&B experience a very special one. Good luck with your daughter’s wedding.

Room Tip: I loved the Lakeview Room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael K, Owner at Swallowdale Inn B & B, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Wow!! Just wow! What can we say but thank you so much. We know from a decade of experience that people want a pleasant location, a friendly atmosphere where they can chat or not as they wish, and big breakfast! We try to provide those essentials. Many many thanks. We look forward to seeing you again - and again!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is the third time that I have stayed at Swallowdale Inn but the first time in the Summer. The peonies were in full bloom and it was a treat to read my book on the new dock. We were very comfortable in the Rose Room. Swallowdale Inn is a standout for the lake front location and the common rooms. There is a huge room with a flat screen tv where we had a great time watching movies with the other guests. There is also a sun room but we spent most of the time outside enjoying the view of the lake. We were there for Canada Day and there were fireworks!
We hiked Mizzy Lake in Algonquin on the first day, saw beaver, turtles, butterflies and lots of birds, moose and deer on the road and a great blue heron at Swallowdale by the dock.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, you should come for the breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Michael K, Owner at Swallowdale Inn B & B, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
What a terrific review, many many thanks. The fireworks were indeed fun! Of course, the echoing sound of the bangs across the lake were part of the fun as were the marshmallows round the campfire. We look forward to seeing you again.