“A great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Only good things can be said about this hotel. From the warm welcome at the reception to very clean rooms and well kept hotel. Always a very nice scent throughout the hotel.
Travelling with two adults and two teens, we had booked a two queen bed room. On arrival we had asked if we could book another adjoining room since we needed more space. The receptionist was very helpful in accommodating our request, and was able to provide us with an additional king bed room.
The rooms were large enough and very very clean, the beds very comfortable. The breakfast room was well kept and offered a wide selection of hot and cold dishes. We would like to mention that the Manager (Mathew) came by every table and spent a few moments with all the guests, asking about their stay. Also providing tips about things to see in the area. WOW! We only stayed two nights, would have stayed longer had our schedule permitted. We really enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Andre S
Matthew_Phillips_GM2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Andre:

What can I say other than THANK YOU VERY MUCH! You have given us such a great review and it really does mean a great deal to me and our staff! I do remember you and your family and chatting with you at breakfast! I feel its the most important thing I do all day is spending that few minutes with you our guests at breakfast as I get first hand feedback on your stay and I get to give you the "local inside info" on what not to miss before you leave!

I'm very proud that you have nothing but great things to say about our hotel. I will be sure to pass this review onto our staff (as I do with each and every review) as it motivates us to keep delivering great customer service.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Canada and had a safe trip back home to Germany!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Staff at this HI Express were on their toes! Checked in and up to the room without a wrinkle.
Room was clean and neat....very spacious. Booked a King suite but didn't quite know what that
would be in a HI Express as we haven't tried the chain for a long time.
DVD players are not in the rooms but are available for $5/night.
Large lounge area with small kitchen/bar in suite was very convenient.
Linens were lovely and soft to the touch which made the king bed so great at the end of the evening. Bathrooms larger than average and usable space for two to get ready.
The only disappointment was the wifi......very slow and could not be accessed. Staff did attempt
to solve the issue but were not able to provide internet.

Room Tip: Book higher floors for quieter nights
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SweetSue28
Matthew_Phillips_GM2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear SweetSur28;
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of our property. I am happy to hear that our staff and property were able to make your stay comfortable and carefree. I am glad you found your King Suites to be spacious and comfortable, and that you appreciated the convenience of the lounge area and kitchenette.
I am elated to hear that our staff were able to make your stay even better by providing the DVD player for rent at a low cost. Its the little things like this that we strive for to set ourselves apart from other hotels. Sometimes something so small can make a stay just that much better.
I am sorry to hear that you found difficulty in connecting to the Wi-Fi. I will assure you that we are looking into getting this resolved at the moment.
Thank you again for your AWESOME review of our property, I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Sincerely;

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for Sunday Monday while attending a golf tournament . Clean and cozy with friendly staff. Only negative was the included breakfast was pretty average. No bacon both days. Who doesn't serve bacon?? But overall a nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank schmingr
Matthew_Phillips_GM2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Schmingr:

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review of your stay here with us, and thank you for the 4 out of 5 score! I`m glad you found the hotel clean (as we do have the best housekeeping staff in the world at our hotel according to many reviews!!!) and comfortable. I was surprised you weren`t happy with the breakfast as we go to great lengths to ensure we offer the largest and best quality breakfast of any hotel in the entire area. Our breakfast includes fresh made hot pancakes, our trademark cinnamon buns, either scrambled eggs or egg omelettes, turkey sausage, link or round sausage or bacon, 4 different varieties of cereals, three types of yogurts, breads, bagels, oatmeal whole fresh fruit and more! We do have a schedule where we rotate the different meats and the eggs each day to ensure our guests have a different breakfast each morning. I`m sorry your days didn`t happen to include bacon. It is important to me that you`re 100% satisfied with your stay so please feel free to contact me at the hotel so I can make your experience up to you! I look forward to having you back in the near future as our guest and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Visited this Holiday Inn as we were travelling on our way to a cottage. Normally we stay at Hampton/Hilton hotels but there are none close to Huntsville. This was our first stay at a Holiday Inn in 25 years. The Hotel is very nice and staff are very pleasant. Unfortunately the beds are hard and uncomfortable. While we recognize everyones taste is different in mattress, if you like Hampton/Hilton Garden Inn mattresses, you will not like Holiday Inn mattresses. This was our worst night's sleep ever in a Hotel because of the mattress. Too bad because the facility, rooms and staff are very nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BiffSr

Dear BiffSr;
I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to give us feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be nice, and the staff to be pleasant. We pride ourselves in making our guests feel as if they are guests in our own homes when they chose to stay with us.
I am sorry that the mattress did not meet your preference. This is an amenity that can be hard to please everyone, because everyone appreciates something a little different.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your candid feedback. I invite you to contact our Guest Service Manager directly at gsm@huntsville-hotel.ca so that we can do whatever it takes to make this stay up to you.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Great breakfast, decor and location. Bed not comfortable, air con really loud. Understaffed at front desk for check in. Internet doesn't work in all areas of hotel including rooms. Not told about an additional $25 fee per room charged to credit card for incidentals and it was only refunded when we kicked up a stink. Pool was warm.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KerryRG
Matthew_Phillips_GM2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Kerry RG;

I am very sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction, and are very happy to be ranked 5th in the ENTIRE COUNTRY out of all the Holiday Inn Express Properties for overall guest satisfaction!!!

I apologize for the bed not meeting up to your preference, this is one amenity that can be hard to please everyone, as so many people prefer different types of mattresses. These are top quality mattresses in all of our guest rooms. As for the air conditioning, I have had maintenance look into it already and adjustments have been made to hopefully not allow this type of noise to interrupt another guest.

The $25 hold on your credit card is just a hold, it is not a charge. It is pre-authorized to ensure that if any incidentals are charged to your room, we will be able to get the funds from that card upon check out. As soon as you depart from the hotel, we send a release to the bank to have that authorization of the funds released back to your card. This procedure is part of every guest stay at our location.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your concerns, and I hope that you will give us the chance to show you that we take these comments seriously, by staying with us again in the future and allowing us to make it right for you.

Sinserly;

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here after a day at Santa's Village. Very convenient for this type of trip. Many restaurants and shops across the street. Dairy Queen, Kelsey's, East Side Mario's as well as Independent Grocer (which sells President's Choice PC brand). The front desk staff was very pleasant and even warned us that there were 2 baseball teams of kids at the hotel and they hoped they're noise wouldn't bother us. Room/bed/bathroom were very clean. The mini fridge was perfect and so was the tiny kitchen sink. There are also glasses & silverware. And a coffee/tea maker. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bargoon

Dear Bargoon;

Wow!
Thank you for the glowing review of our property! I'm glad our staff and property made it easy for you to relax and enjoy the convenience of our location throughout your stay! I love it when I hear these types of comments, as it means we're exceeding your expectations!!!

I am a very fortunate General Manager to have such a truly dedicated team working with me! Each of them genuinely care about each of guests and their experience which has resulted in our property achieving 5th place out of over 100 Holiday Inn Express properties in all of Canada!!!

When you are in the area again, please contact our management team personally so that we can ensure that your next booking is just as fantastic.

Sinisterly;

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Easy to get to. Nice large rooms. The breakfast is okay-loved the western omelets. Parking can be a hassle if other quests don't park within the lines. Clean. There were families with kids who were in sports tournament nearby staying here so there was some noise but tolerable. We had the king suite with fridge, sink, and microwave. The carpeting definitely needs a deep cleaning and the bed was hard as a rock.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank georgielj

Dear georgielj;

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write a review on your most recent stay with us.
I am happy to hear that you found our location with ease, and that you enjoyed the spacious room, and the western omelets included in out hot breakfast.
I am surprised to read that you felt that our beds were overly hard, this is not a common complaint we hear. Also, I will be looking into the carpet that you made mention of, as again this is not something that we hear about as needing attention.
Thank you for your candid feedback; I hope that you will stay again to allow us to show you that we did take the action that we said we would.

Sincerely;
Matthew Phillips

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Best Western Plus Muskoka Inn
#4 of 18 in Huntsville
Deerhurst Resort
Deerhurst Resort
#3 of 18 in Huntsville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville? Share your experiences!