“Enjoyed my time”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Toronto, Canada
“Enjoyed my time”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Good Service, happy staff, nobody really bothered us (i.e. staff is there to help if needed, but not 'in your face' so you can truly enjoy yourself), very clean.

Complimentary breakfast was nice - it was nice that there were some hot options instead of just cold cereal (7am-11am which was great; however, the staff started cleaning up around 10:30 so if you came after then you were out of luck?)

Check in was super fast - but we did arrive after 7pm so maybe not so busy. checkout seemless as well. Our requests were honoured.

Pool was nice - though my husband mentioned that it wasn't that warm (though it wasn't cold either, but it could have been a little warmer)

Rooms were very clean and tastefully decorated. Lots of stations to watch on TV, including treehouse which is great if you have small kids. The only weird thing was that the curtains did not close for night time. It was fairly bright in the room at night time from all the snow and lights. (though it looks from the pictures as if best western is the same int hat matter).

2 on-side computers if you needed to use one.

Overall very good, very relaxing, and very pleasant. We plan to stay there again (though I will be requesting higher floors due to the curtain not closing at night time).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mmichalk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Stouffville
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night while family camped in Algonquin. It's a very clean, well-kept hotel. Staff were extremely friendly. Let us sign in early so that we only had to pick up room key when we returned later in the evening. Location is excellent right off the highway.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank senior_traveller_10
Heidelberg
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Not really recommendable. Hotel overcrowded, breakfast impossible. pets allowed.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Party_W
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We stayed here for a Thursday and Friday night in October 2010. We had 2 queen beds and all the typical amenities one would assume at a Holiday Inn except there was no mini-fridge. So if you're the type to buy perishable foods and keep them in your room or want to have a cold drink handy, you're out of luck. Go get some ice with the ice bucket.

The business centre with computers, internet and printer was very handy. We printed off some google maps. The pool is very small, don't expect to get much exercise done in there, we didn't use it.

The exercise room we didn't use, but we did use the water cooler to fill our water bottles before going out. Don't use the hot water containers in the breakfast area, otherwise your water will smell and have a taste of coffee.

The worst experience of the hotel is breakfast. Don't get me wrong, all the food is edible and I was full but the scrambled eggs don't taste like real eggs, the muffins are thumb sized, the juices are watery or full of sugar (orange, apple, cranberry).

The setup of the breakfast table is not very efficient, when there were a lot of people having breakfast Friday morning, there is quite a bit of "crowding". The Friday breakfast had bananas, hard-boiled eggs and a second type of muffin while Thursday's did not.

We would try somewhere else but Holiday Inn is still a good value.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank easyHwolf
Toronto
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Stayed here over Canadian Thanksgiving and the hotel was full. Overall the hotel is clean and quiet. Close to restaurants and shopping and a short drive into downtown Huntsville itself.

Breakfast offering was good with bacon and eggs one morning and sausage and omlets the next. Tons of selection and different stations so everyone wasn't crowded around one area.

Only issue was a train going thru early on the Monday morning but otherwise a very quiet place.

I would have no issues staying here again or recommending it to anyone.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I like choosing the Holiday Inn Express for most of my travels because I always know what to expect. The standards are usually the same across the board. When I came across this particular HI Express, my expectations were blown out of the water. It was a beautiful hotel that was well kept and had great customer service.

The customer service at the front desk was quick and efficient. I was up in my room in no time at all. The room was absolutely spotless. Clean as clean can be. The bathroom was meticulous and so were the carpets and the beds. There was a great flat screen tv in the room, comfortable double size beds, and an alarm clock that I just could not figure out how to use! (The fault lies with myself since I seem to repel technology)

The room was quiet and I got a good night's rest. Check out in the morning was also quick and the complimentary breakfast was standard (hot and cold food items as well as take away cups for coffee and tea).

I would highly recommends this hotel to any travellers in the area. You will not regret it!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2010

My husband and I and his parents checked into two king bedded rooms on Sept 23/10. My husband had stayed at the hotel before and remembered that it was nice. The front desk clerk, I think her name was Blair (Blake?...sorry), she was fantastic, so friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. Pool was nice. Talked with the young lady from housekeeping in the morning and she was kind and helpful. So was the young lady organizing the breakfast and the food was very nice. But finally, upon checkout, we had the same front desk clerk as the night before, and when asked how she felt doing a back to back, she said "oh I don't mind, I love working here, it's a great place". WOW! That said it all. From beginning to end we had a wonderful stay, I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Best Western Plus Muskoka Inn
#4 of 18 in Huntsville
Deerhurst Resort
Deerhurst Resort
#3 of 18 in Huntsville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville? Share your experiences!