“Pizzaghetti? Got it! Chicken? No problem! Burgers? Yes! Homestyle deliciousness!”

Le Vieux Chateau Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Hawkesbury
Price range: US$3 - US$34
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Seafood, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Lachute, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2014

After a day trip to Vankleek Hill to visit the Beau's Brewery, we stopped by Le Vieux Chateau restaurant for an early supper. I loved the homey decor, it was very comfortable and bright. No illusions of grandeur here, if you're looking for a place for a simple meal with friends and family, this is your place. My sister had the roasted chicken with fries and sauce, she loved it. My husband had pizza, was cheesy good. I couldn't decide whether to choose the pizza or the spaghetti...a solution! Le Vieux Chateau has pizzaghetti! A generous slice of pepperoni pizza accompanied by an equally generous serving of delicious spaghetti with a meaty and pleasantly spicy tomato sauce. Loved it. The three of us were satisfied and very happy with the quick and friendly service and the homestyle food. Many times when I drive by this restaurant in the evening or during weekend breakfast/brunch times, the parking lot is full and the Chateau is hopping - always a good sign for a popular restaurant!

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Lucie”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The waitress we had was Lucie...she was TERRIBLE...she was just short of rude. I asked why the ceasar salad was so much more expensive then the chef salad...she said because of the dressing...I told her I didn't want the dressing...I actually love the creamy garlic dressing there and wanted that, but I prefer the romaine lettuce...she refused...I was even willing to pay the extra...nope...that's the way it is...too bad...then when I got the chef's salad it did not come with the usual amount of dressing...just this little tiny black container...so I asked for a second one...she rolled her eyes...and took forever to return with it. My friend had the soup but she forgot to bring a soup spoon...she took so long to come back she had to eat it with the tea spoon. The place was pretty quiet/empty...yet Lucie rarely came to the table...never asked how it was...just one bill or two.

Now...there is another waitress there...I think her name is Paula...she is TOTALLY AMAZING...and now I will be sure to ask to sit in her section...or at least avoid Lucie.

As for the food...the ribs are good...but WAY too salty...but the rib sauce is GREAT...the steak is dry and tough...the garlic dressing is the best...the French onion soup is very good. Pizza is great.

1 Thank Deseacay
Hawkesbury, Canada
“Poor supervisor”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Had ravioli tonight. Didn't care for it. Most ravioli that you get is stuffed with beef, like they usually have. In fact they used to have mini ravioli. Almost like you get in a can, but better. Now they have handmade stuffed with old sausage like pork. Maybe cheaper than beef. The waitress Aline was doing her job perfectly as always, but the lady that was the supervisor (Pam) told her not to replace it with another dish, then later after I had to share my wife's supper, came over and covered herself up by asking us if the waitress offered another. Making it look like it was the waitresses mistake. When the old girl (Pam) is working, I will not step foot in there. If I see her, I will walk out. They will loose my ten yrs. of business when she is there.

Ottawa, Canada
“Favorite stop”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Always a must stop when we are in the area, especially at lunch time (or breakfast) when you can have a 3-course meal for less than $10. We had their spaghetti bolognaise, their very special recipe with a touch of allspice I think, which also included a super delicious pea soup and for dessert, a tasty rice pudding. We also tried their caesar salad and it was also very good... as usual. Lots of locals.

• Visited October 2013
L'Orignal, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Asked if they had room for 9 people, they said no problem. Waited 30 minutes to order, waited 45 after ordering for starters. Only came once for drink orders in the first hour. Food came, meals were cold, some of the food was very good, some was terrible. One person found a plastic bristle in their meal. When we complained to the owner, was told they usually don't open that section, but they did to fit us in so the waitress was too busy. Would have rather they had told us from the beginning that they didn't have room for us.

• Visited October 2013