“Ok for the price - standard old fashioned motel”

Relax Inn Collingwood
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We just stayed there for one night and I can't really complain. For sure it was only a simple Inn and not a comfortable hotel but for one night it was sufficient. It was clean and we didn't see any bugs or other insects. It looks and smells a little bit old but still acceptable. There was no breakfast included but you could still grab some coffee. The owner/receptionist was nice. Therefore if you are just searching for a place to sleep for one night which is not too expensive I can recommend the place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Okay, I'll get this straight. Please, please don't choose this inn if you ever want a good night's rest and especially NOT room #10. Just.. no. I was with my family on vacation and we chose this randomly off the GPS because the name sounded pleasant (spent the whole night scoffing mockingly at the name) and it was, honestly, one of the stupidest things. I spent my stay sleeping in the sofa bed with the most terrible mattress I've ever slept on. Sure, there was a stove and a big fridge and a nice little TV on the side of the room, but. I wanted to bathe and guess what I found? Two spiders in the bathtub. There was a window where anyone could've easily watched you shower. The next morning a CENTIPEDE crawled out of the bathtub's hole and I woke up with bug bites on my skin. Owners were NICE but can't be bothered. And it was expensive for such a crappy place. So, basically, just don't. Sorry.

Room Tip: Please don't choose room #10.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank sachiechan
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed Friday, September 7th and Saturday, September 8th, 2013. The queen room we had was basic but clean and comfortable - no bugs as mentioned in another review and all linens pristine. The hotel is in our preferred format for traveling to races: all one floor in an L-shape, with separate entrances looking in toward the parking lot, making it easy to load gear from your car into your room. The owners went out of their way to make our stay wonderful: I needed to print a page from an email I'd received on my mobile and they happily obliged, plus provided us with a couple of rain ponchos when I asked for some garbage bags to make some makeshift ones as the weather suddenly turned poor. The microwave and fridge in the room were excellent - the only thing missing was a coffee maker. The bed was firm but comfortable (though extra pillows would have been appreciated), the shower was marvelous, muskoka chairs outside the rooms provided a nice place to relax, heating and cooling were efficient and the roof was undergoing replacement while we were there. It's easy walking distance from a convenience store/gas station (200m West) and Rockdell Steakhouse (400m East), and located on a lane that leads down to a beautiful view of Georgian Bay. While the price is a bit high for a basic hotel, it's quite good when compared to others in the area for the same weekend - Collingwood/Wasaga has a huge tourist trade, so accommodations are a bit more costly than other places. It was everything we needed for the weekend, and the kindness and dedication to customer service of the owners made it a very enjoyable stay - we were informed that the previous management had let things deteriorate, but the lovely couple who run the hotel now are making great efforts to improve the experience for their guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MistressKofOs
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Went to work in Collingwood for the weekend, td booked me a room at this motel. Bugs everywhere including bed. Dead bug smears across the walls. I worked 15 hours and stayed up with my shoe for a half hour killing bugs. Paid for two nights and packed up at 5am and never returned. Better off sleeping in my car. Bed came to your shin, only thing new was the ceramic tile they put on the bathroom floor. Red carpet and dirty old bed spread (yuck) I don't know how these people could look a customer in the face in the morning. No coffee maker. I turned the light on in the night and bugs scurried behind the baseboard heater. Holes in the tub surround and more bugs.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank hemi7
Reviewed 22 August 2013

we stayed at this motel for a week-end and have really no complaints. It is an older motel with very clean rooms especially the beds and bathrooms. The owners were very friendly ,most accommodating and just wanted to please their customers. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

If you are looking for a reasonably priced well located accommodation then certainly stay at the Relax Inn. Do not expect 5 star accommodation. It is simply put a motel with the basics - an inviting bed to crash on at the end of a long day, a microwave, a mini fridge, a television with drawers, a desk and chair, a rack with hangers and a freestanding shower stall with face sink (no shelving in the bathroom) and a toilet. Wifi access is available in room which is a plus! Great speed!

This hotel is suited for the traveler who is either doing a road trip and has packed their necessities such as snacks, microwavable meals and has walked with their toiletries. Even if you haven't packed much to munch on in your room you can always pop out to Tim Horton's which is less than a 5-7 minute drive away.

It is a great motel for either a couple or family who is spending most of their time outside of their room doing outdoor activities such as heading to Blue Mountains, Scenic Caves, Wasaga Beach or to a vineyard in the rural part of town like Georgian Hills and Ravenna. Everything is within driving distance of this motel.
It is well located!

The owner Ak is very friendly and truly wishes for you to feel comfortable and have a nice stay. He showed us two rooms, one that was very spacious with a sitting area and the basic cozy one I described above. We chose the basic one with a single bed since we were only 2 people. We stayed in room #12. It was clean, had an okay bathroom and we never felt unsafe.

Overall it is great for the traveler looking for well located, affordable, inviting accommodation with the basics and wifi access.

Room Tip: Book directly by calling the hotel. Businesses open after 9am in Collingwood so do not arrival ear...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We spent one night at the Relax Inn because it was close to where we needed to be. We had a decent night's sleep, but were glad that all we wanted was a bed for the night. Our room (#2) was equipped with a fridge, stovetop and microwave, but not a single pot, plate or utensil- not even a cup or glass. The room was very barren- two beds, a table with two wooden chairs, and a TV/drawers unit. No closet, just a wooden rod behind the door to hang a coat on. The bathroom lacked any semblance of shelves or even a towel rack; I needed to sit sideways on the toilet because it is too close to the angled wall in front; and the pedestal sink was attached to the wall (barely) by a full inch of caulking. All that said, we had a good sleep and a decent shower, but nothing more, for $100. That's overpriced for this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ottawanderer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre
Mariner Motor Hotel
Mariner Motor Hotel
#7 of 11 in Collingwood
Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain

Been to Relax Inn Collingwood? Share your experiences!