Comfort Inn & Suites
Cranberry Resort(Collingwood)
Alpine Lodge(Collingwood)
Mariner Motor Hotel(Collingwood)
View Hotel
The Blue Mountain Lodge(Blue Mountains)
Mosaic(Blue Mountains)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe breakfast arearoom was cleanhot and cold itemscentral locationtwo queen bedsbreakfast was includedpull out couchwould stay here againblue mountain resortnice staystayed here for one nightminute drivescenic cavesindoor poolmini fridgegrocery storedowntown collingwood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We came here after a horrible experience at the fruity-berry resort down the street. It was late and we had decided to stay in a basic room for the night. Unfortunately there were no rooms available, but that didn't stop Jackie!

Jackie made a call to the manager at the Westin Blue Mountain and arranged a great room for us at a discounted rate. That is what real customer service is about.

Thanks again Jackie, you helped make our little getaway that started poor into a great time.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaasond
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Travelled with my husband, parents, brother and neice to Collingwood and stayed overnight during the Valentine weekend. Booked online on Thursday for the Saturday to Sunday and didn't have any problems. Based on some other rates, I thought the room rate we received was quite reasonable. We booked a two queen room with a sofa pullout. I was pleasantly surprised to see that our room even had a small kitchenette with a mini fridge, sink and microwave.

Elevator was tiny and slow and we only ended up using it once as we found out that the 2nd floor is only a very short flight of steps. It's faster to take the stairs! LOL. Unfortunately, didn't get the chance to check out the pool.

I loved the location. Close to a shopping area and lots of restaurants and only a short drive to Blue Mountain (we went night skiing Saturday).

We just needed a couple more pillows and blankets for the pullout and some more towels before we settled in and they were taken care of right away by the front desk. We were trying to watch the photographs we took skiing on the TV but didn't know how to work the input (note: there isn't one which is why we couldn't get it to work! LOL). My dad accidentally ordered a movie and we were sad when we saw that it said that it's nonrefundable even if you pressed it by accident. My mom thought to call down anyway and the front desk was awesome and just said to change the channel and they'd take care of it in the morning. I worried that with a shift change, this would get lost in the shuffle, but the new front desk person in the morning took it off as soon as we mentioned it (thank goodness, because who seriously wants to see Social Network for $16? Especially if you've already seen it before!)

Breakfast was awesome and was run by a one woman superwoman! It was PACKED when we got down, but there never seemed to be a shortage of anything. After I got eggs, I noticed it was getting low, but the next time I was up again, there was two new batches. There's scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, hot cinnamon rolls, cereals, toast, biscuits and sausage patties among other things and I was pretty impressed with it IMHO! The only thing that was hard was that the dining area was REALLY small and there was a LOT of people wanting to eat breakfast. The thing that irritated me the most was that some youngin's seemed to not care about the fact that there were 2 and 3 year old children eating on their laps and sitting in random places like on ledges and mantles, including my own niece. We asked a group of girls sitting with piles of the remnants of their breakfast in front of them if they were done eating and they said yes, but that they were still going to be sitting there a while. All while they can PLAINLY see that there's more than 10 people with nowhere to sit and again, KIDS with nowhere to sit and eat. Other things I noticed were that things that got spilled that could have SO EASILY been cleaned up by the people who spilled them were left for someone else to clean. I just can't tolerate inconsideration. While staff have a job to do, they are NO ONE'S personal maids and shouldn't be treated as such. But I guess with any place, there's always "THOSE" kinds of guests.

Otherwise, we had a great Valentine/Skiing weekend and were just happy with a nice comfy place to stay! Thanks Holiday Inn! :)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SillySkittlez
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Our group showed up on a Friday for a one night stay and upon checkin were given a free room upgrade. The room was clean and very comfortable. The location is amazing as it is right beside a Wendy's, Eastside Mario's, and a grocery store. Thanks to the staff for going out of their way to make our stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Upon check in I was greeted with a big smile and a hello. Check-in was seamless. Room was ready and everything was great. Was left a note and a snack to welcome me back to that hotel.
Check-out was easy & was told that I am a valued guest, having stayed there 2 more times since my last review of this hotel. This visit was the first one that there were no hiccups.
Great that management has put a great team together with Kayla and Jackie as they sure do know how to make a guest feel welcomed.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Missbhavn
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We stayed here based on location. The price is very reasonable for the area it is in and includes parking, and breakfast. The room had no frills but the bed was comfortable. The bathroom is so small that you cannot open the bathroom door after getting out of the shower. You have to step around the toilet to open the door.
There is one very rude Indian Gentleman that identifies himself as a Manager that seems quite clueless to customer service. When there was no toilet paper in my room I asked him for some. His response was why do u need it.
There is one lady on the front desk named Jackie who is very nice and made check in and check out seamless. I vote for Jackie being the Manager.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business