My girlfriend and I booked a room online for a Saturday night stay. The online rate was a lot higher than the regular posted rate, but it was ski season and a weekend, so we didn't question it too much.
Upon check-in we were required to sign a form stating that we agreed to abide by the hotels noise policy and that any infraction would have our credit card charged $50.
We were awakened at 6:55 am by the stomping, yelling, laughing and loud talking of minor hockey team players and their parents. This carried on intermittently for 2 hours before we finally gave up and got out of bed.
When we questioned the personnel at the front desk about their noise policy and the fact that there has been continuous noise since before 7 am he didn't seem to care. We asked for a Manager and were told that Managers don't work on Sunday's. Certainly no surprise!!
The noise policy shouldn't just apply to the hours after 11:00 pm, but should also apply in the morning until at least 9:00 am as guests don't have to check out until 11:00 am and should have the opportunity to sleep in if desired.
We gave the guy at the desk time to contact a Manager while we left to have breakfast since there was nothing left of the complimentary breakfast items at the motel. When we returned we were told they could reimburse our credit card 17% or our room rate, which was $34. Funny that if we were the ones causing noise against the noise policy we would have to pay $50, but if we are the ones being inconvenienced we only get back 17% and if we paid closer to the regular room rate it would have been less than $34. Hardly just! I am willing to bet that NONE of the families causing the noise were charged anything more than their room rate!
So we begrudgingly accepted the 17% reimbursement and left. When the credit card statement came in we were actually charged another $34 instead or reimbursed. This took two more calls, one having to be during the night shift since apparently ONLY the night shift Auditor has authorization to correct screw-ups!
This has got to be the worst case of Customer Service and lack of concern for an over-charged customer I have encountered anywhere!
Stay away from this motel unless you are willing to spend way too much time getting issues resolved...especially if it is a weekend where hockey teams are staying there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Inn Hotel & Suites. We are a smoke free property. Our hotel features Complimentary Deluxe Express Start Breakfast. Enjoy our heated indoor pool, FREE high-speed Internet connection. Access to walking trails such as The Georgian Trail, Bruce Trail, Niagara Escarpment and Scenic Caves. The Comfort Inn & Suites in Collingwood is conveniently located 10 minutes from Wasaga Beach the world's longest freshwater beach, Le Scandinave Spa, and only minutes away from the Village at Blue Mountain where you can experience the unique atmosphere year round. We are close to industries including Pilkington Glass, Zellers, Home Depot, Rona, WalMart, Loblaws and Zehrs Markets. Our large parking lot has room for RVs or trailers. WE ARE 100% SMOKE FREE. The Comfort Inn & Suites is two stories with an elevator and an indoor heated pool. A credit card is required upon arrival with photo identification. The cardholder must be 18 years of age and reside in the registered room. Cash or cheques will not be accepted as deposits or as an alternative to a credit card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain
- Holiday Inn Express Collingwood
- Holiday Inn Collingwood
- Collingwood Holiday Inn
- Comfort Inn & Suites Collingwood, Canada - Ontario