“The Quiet was deafening!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My girlfriend and I booked a room online for a Saturday night stay. The online rate was a lot higher than the regular posted rate, but it was ski season and a weekend, so we didn't question it too much.
Upon check-in we were required to sign a form stating that we agreed to abide by the hotels noise policy and that any infraction would have our credit card charged $50.
We were awakened at 6:55 am by the stomping, yelling, laughing and loud talking of minor hockey team players and their parents. This carried on intermittently for 2 hours before we finally gave up and got out of bed.

When we questioned the personnel at the front desk about their noise policy and the fact that there has been continuous noise since before 7 am he didn't seem to care. We asked for a Manager and were told that Managers don't work on Sunday's. Certainly no surprise!!

The noise policy shouldn't just apply to the hours after 11:00 pm, but should also apply in the morning until at least 9:00 am as guests don't have to check out until 11:00 am and should have the opportunity to sleep in if desired.

We gave the guy at the desk time to contact a Manager while we left to have breakfast since there was nothing left of the complimentary breakfast items at the motel. When we returned we were told they could reimburse our credit card 17% or our room rate, which was $34. Funny that if we were the ones causing noise against the noise policy we would have to pay $50, but if we are the ones being inconvenienced we only get back 17% and if we paid closer to the regular room rate it would have been less than $34. Hardly just! I am willing to bet that NONE of the families causing the noise were charged anything more than their room rate!

So we begrudgingly accepted the 17% reimbursement and left. When the credit card statement came in we were actually charged another $34 instead or reimbursed. This took two more calls, one having to be during the night shift since apparently ONLY the night shift Auditor has authorization to correct screw-ups!

This has got to be the worst case of Customer Service and lack of concern for an over-charged customer I have encountered anywhere!

Stay away from this motel unless you are willing to spend way too much time getting issues resolved...especially if it is a weekend where hockey teams are staying there!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davet1699
Khair S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Express, in Collingwood. I am sorry to see that you have not enjoyed your overall stay with us due to noise issues in the hallway which disturbed your sleeping. I want to mention on that specific noise issues which has caused by a few guests of a hockey team, the local authorities were contacted and those guests who caused the disturbances were given warning by the local authorities. They were told to comply with the hotel policies and guidelines or they will be asked to leave the hotel without a refund. I sincerely apologise for the technical mistake which occurred in the provision of the discount which was offered to you due to this noise issues. Thank you for sharing of your feedback and I would like to assure you that we are a no tolerance hotel, and will not allow that the comfort level of our valued guests like you to be affected by a similar situation in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My friends and I always stay here during winter for a snowboarding/skiing weekend. Its not too far from Blue Mountain and it comes with a free breakfast.

Staff are very nice and friendly, service is good.

Being an Elite member WiFi is free this is always a good thing.

Breakfast is ok, don't expect much from it, some how I doubt that the scrambled eggs are "real" eggs or they just put lots of milk since its cheaper. But sausage was ok, nice to see some fresh fruits and yogurt and I like the pancake maker.

Location is pretty good, its surround by lots of restaurants, there is movie theatre if needed and a grocery store.

When I stay at Holiday Inns, I don't expect much from it, I wont rate it compared to InterContinental Hotels that I stay. But there's still should be a minimum requirement. I'm not looking for something fancy but at least clean and presentable and no broken or fixtures falling a part or wallpaper starting to peel off.

The hotel looks updated outside but the rooms shows its old or patched up and in-need of a proper renovation.

Every time I stay here there's always kids running around the hallways and yelling which can be very annoying, and this is hard to control

Overall I would stay here again just because I'm an Elite member and it gives me good benefits. So far I'm satisfied and happy with my stay.

The only thing its a bit expensive for what it is, price is almost close to the Chalet's at the Village.

Room Tip: I like staying in their family rooms as its very spacious esp if there will be 4-6 people staying.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BRAI79
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear BRAI79,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel, staff very nice and friendly, service good, location convenient and breakfast up to par with your expectations. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Don't bother, if they can't even reply to an email, their service can't be that good in person either. I've emailed the Holiday Inn Express in Collingwood twice with no response. My inquiry was in regards to possibily making a reservation, I wanted to give them business, I guess they didn't want my business. Unfortunately emailing Corporate Guest Relations didn't make a difference either, they forwarded my inquiry to the hotel again and still I received no response. My final response from Guest Relations was sorry we tried. I still have no response to inquiry. The hotel doesn't care and Corporate doesn't care about customer service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christina M
Khair S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive reply back to your email inquiry for a possible reservation with our hotel. Recently, we have changed our email address to info@collingwood-hie.com and we will do every effort to make sure that our new email address is updated for all of reservation channels. Please also contact us at sales@collingwood-hie.com. We hope to have the honor of serving you, should your travel bring you to Collingwood in the future.

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My son and I stayed here while we enjoyed skiing at Blue Mountain. The location was great, about 10 minutes from the mountain, very close to restaurants and to the highway out of town. The hot breakfast in the morning was a very welcome addition to our stay. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean. This is a perfect option for anyone who wants a little bit of everything, location, value, service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am very pleased to hear that you liked the location and our Star Breakfast. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Collingwood.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Our check in at this Holiday Inn was very efficient and the staff was friendly. A discount coupon for Boston Pizza was provided at check in, and, as a priority club member, we were given a bottle of water and a granola bar. Our room was clean and comfortable. There was free WIFI, and a great breakfast was provided. The hotel is located across the street from a movie theatre, eating establishments, and some shopping.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nickelcitygirl
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This Holliday Inn is a good option for who is going to the Blue Mountain in northern ontario. THe hotel is right in downtown, with great shopping options, super markets and restaurants around, and the best thing is that it is just a 10 minute drive to the blue mountain slopes. There ir also breakfast included, which make the price worth it. The room are just regular and clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ric G
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Recently stayed for one night while in Collingwood. We had an issue with our first room and the front desk manager moved us to the Niagara suite which was very large with jacuzzi tub.

This hotel is good if you are just looking for a place to spend a few nights while skiing or spending time in Collingwood. The location is very convenient.

Breakfast was super busy but had a large selection and was great that it is included in the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maria S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Maria S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Days Inn & Suites Collingwood
#8 of 11 in Collingwood
Relax Inn Collingwood
Relax Inn Collingwood
#9 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!