We'd decided to finally give Cranberry Resort a try after passing it by on our trips to Collingwood each year.
The hotel itself is very quaint and all on one floor. The lobby was very nicely decorated and clean as well.
The room we received, which was in the 200's, was very tidy but very hot (even when adjusting the heater) and very dated. This is where we started realizing that although the hotel seemed really nice at some parts it could really use some work with others.
For example, the pool is a really great size and has a nice jacuzzi attached to it. The flooring of the pool, however, is very rusty and the paint on the walls and in the change rooms are chipping. The shower in the change rooms were very nice though.
Also, the key cards that we were given upon checking in randomly stopped working - twice. Although the staff were trying to help us, no one was really sure how to rework the cards and they kept us there longer than necessary. This also brings me to how our room was vacant and ready to clean from 9:30, but nobody cleaned the room till 3:30 after we called guest services.
This all happened on Monday, which overall was a VERY different from the Sunday we checked in. The staff seemed a lot more impatient and inexperienced than the day before, so I would urge the resort to work on that.
However, with all that being said, there were some really high points during our stay. The front desk called the day we checked in within the first 5 minutes to check up on us, the washroom had heated floor, everything was very clean, the restaurants in the hotel were very nice, and the scenery was wonderful. The resort was also in close vicinity to restaurants, supermarkets, and other attractions, which is convenient.
Overall, it has the potential to be a great hotel, but with a little work done everywhere, not just in 2 or 3 places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cranberry Resort, set against the panoramic backdrop of Blue Mountain and the beautiful waters of Georgian Bay, is a world-renowned, 750 acre year-round vacation destination. At the Cranberry Resort, you can experience an expansive 18-hole golf course, full-service marina, fine dining, a luxurious spa and a wide range of outdoor and indoor fun the whole family can take part in. Cranberry Resort is a 4-season vacation paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cranberry Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranberry Hotel Collingwood
- Cranberry Resort Collingwood, Canada - Ontario