We got the package at the wine show, which cost $90 for 2 nights plus spa voucher and 2 for 1 dinner voucher. and then I read the previous review about this hotel and felt quite anxious about our visit.
The first impression at the lobby was not bad, there are a few staff there, and in no time we got check in and got our room which is on the ground floor!! (yea, there is no elevator so if you have a lot of luggages ask for the ground floor start with 2xx. as 1xx is at the basement!! in advance!!)
all the rooms on this floor i think are all connecting room, so if you book more than 2 rooms which is good. our room was ok. no major problem. There is no fridge or phone in the room, so we use ice bucket for cooling our wine and some food. WIFI works fine in the room as well. We slept well on the bed but i think the double bed might be too small for 2 big adults! so just be aware of it. and it is right the wall is thin so you can hear noises from the hall or washroom somewhere...
Since we are at the main lodge, and ground floor, it is really convenient to go to pool and hot tub. during our stay there were a lot of kids, but during dinner time it got quiet, so if you don't want kids' company, go after 7pm
we went to Memories(the restaurant) for dinner for 2 nights as we have meal vouchers. and was advised by previous comments, so we asked receptionist to book the table for us, and the last rsvn is 9pm. food is pretty good, we only order main course, and the steak was very good to our liking, lamb is good but not the sauce. seafood fettucini is good with nice portion of seafood. lobster gnnchi is just ok.
On friday and sat. nights there are live music at the lounge! we listened to canadian idol runner up Drew Wright on friday night and he was awesome!!
On Sat we snowshoes at the resort, and it was a nice workout
overall our stay at the resort was better than we expected.
and i heard that they will upgrade the rooms in the next few months! so might be worth the wait?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cranberry Resort, set against the panoramic backdrop of Blue Mountain and the beautiful waters of Georgian Bay, is a world-renowned, 750 acre year-round vacation destination. At the Cranberry Resort, you can experience an expansive 18-hole golf course, full-service marina, fine dining, a luxurious spa and a wide range of outdoor and indoor fun the whole family can take part in. Cranberry Resort is a 4-season vacation paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Cranberry Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranberry Hotel Collingwood
- Cranberry Resort Collingwood, Canada - Ontario