We booked an RCI Timeshare exchange to Cranberry as we wanted to explore this area of Canada. I am thankful for TripAdvisor as this helped manage my expectations going in - and this would be my encouragement to anyone booking here: MANAGE YOUR EXPECTATIONS. Don't expect modern, new facilities, and you won't be disappointed. We were in the "Fairways" condos as part of our exchange. The unit we had is showing its age -- could use some new carpet, appliances, and furniture. The mattresses and linens appeared to be pretty new and we found them comfortable. The walls appeared to have been painted recently, but there were lots of chips and holes in the walls - likely remnants of all the ski equipment there in the winter. Mildew stains were pretty heavy in the bathroom showers, sinks were a bit stained (again, it's the age thing - and we all have some unsightly aging, don't we?) - but baths were clean. The units were generally clean but could use a good deep clean in every corner, nook, and cranny. The dishwasher in our unit did not work (and we just handwashed - no big deal) - but the issue was not addressed, even though we talked to two different people early in our week-long stay. Upon check-out, we found that there was no record of our repair request at all. When we checked in, we found a few bulbs in our until needed replacing, and this was done very quickly from when we let the front desk know - we were impressed by this! The washer/dryer combo was old and the dryer needed to run two or three cycles to dry our relatively small loads. The indoor pool is in dire need of an upgrade, and it was our understanding that this upgrade was scheduled to begin this month. The outdoor family pool was great - our kids loved it!
Bottom line, expect an older unit that is showing its age, and you will be fine. It's not the nicest timeshare exchange we've done, but we enjoyed our week and time in the unit. The area is great - as others have said, visit Blue Mountain Village and Scenic Caves for some excellent views and good physical activity in the summertime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cranberry Resort, set against the panoramic backdrop of Blue Mountain and the beautiful waters of Georgian Bay, is a world-renowned, 750 acre year-round vacation destination. At the Cranberry Resort, you can experience an expansive 18-hole golf course, full-service marina, fine dining, a luxurious spa and a wide range of outdoor and indoor fun the whole family can take part in. Cranberry Resort is a 4-season vacation paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cranberry Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranberry Hotel Collingwood
- Cranberry Resort Collingwood, Canada - Ontario