“Mini vacation at Georgian Manor - collingwood”

Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My wife and I just came back from two night stay at Georgian Manor.
The experience was very good.
Front desk staff are friendly and professional.
Rooms are clean, but mattress is little old.
Swimming pool is very small but clean and not crowded.
The restaurant food is very good and very reasonably priced.
Blue Mountain is very nice area to visit, specially at this time of the year.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms could potentially have better view but no elevator on the hotel side. The tim...
There are newer reviews for Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We arrived at Georgian Manor mid week August. Our plan was to stay for just one night.

I was really hesitant to stay there, as my Cranberry resort experience was a dissapointment.
Plus I always read the reviews.

Surprise surprise, even though the Lobby looked horrible, our room was actually very cozy and nicely updated with a great view and balcony.
We were steps away from the outdoor pool. Which was super convenient for our daughter.

The following morning, after breakfast - we decided to stay one more night.
Drove to the beach again, and then spent some time at the pool.

Our room was very nice and comfy, except fo the fact that our neighbors had very loud children.
We were with a child as well. But there is nothing one can do about parents who are simply inconsiderate of other guests. 6:30Am or 7Am is not the time I want to be up while vacationing.

Other than some loud neighbors/ call them early birds.
The stay was great, weather amazing and restaurants in Blue Mountain as always great.
Grounds of this resort are nicely maintained and landscaped,
We will definitely return.
And ask for the same room :)

Breakfast was good. The interior of the restaurant is worn out and a bit 80s.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Juliett31
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My boyfriend and I just got back from a weekend at this hotel. Before going I had read many of the reviews posted by other travellers and to tell you the truth I almost cancelled the trip. All I can think of was these people stayed at a different hotel then we did because my experience at the Georgian Manor was nothing like what was described in most reviews.
Yes we had to attend the 90 minute presentation which was not a big deal. There were was no pressure at all to purchase anything and actually the gentleman that gave us the tour (Scott) was a very nice man. Front desk staff were also very friendly and accomodating.
The room that we stayed in on the second floor was clean and comfortable and appears to of been renovated recently.
I would not brag much about the restaurant food, and found it to be a little on the expensive side for what you are getting but there are many nice places to eat close by.
This was definately a resort I would go back to so don't let the negative reviews scare you !!

3  Thank lal1969
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I wrote a review regarding staying at this hotel April 1st to 3rd. I had to leave a $79 deposit which I thought would be returned to me at the end of the stay. I was told it would be mailed to me. I phone numerous times and was told the refund was in the mail. After writing the last review, this past June I received a response from Duane Lee asking me if the refund was paid in cash or Visa. He said that is what the hold up was. I responded to Duane Lee and told him it was paid for by Visa. This is now the end of September. I do not see me getting my refund back. I do not know how Collingwood would allow such businesses. The mayor and the newspaper is my next on the list. It is not even about the $79 anymore it is about how a hotel in this beautiful town can get away with this. I am not happy at all. I think it bothers me so because my family all live in Collingwood and this company is so low as to rip people off if they stay there. I am very disappointed in this whole matter and again do not understand how the mayor is allowing this.

Room Tip: Do not go there. It is a scam. There are lots of beautiful places to stay around Collingwood. Stay a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Lori957
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Front desk is pleasure but lack of communication between areas. Mini putt - we were told the by the front desk it closes at 7 PM. Ensure we were back at 6 PM to play one round. Was told sorry we close at 6 PM. Hours change and the front desk had no clue. When to play the next day and was told some had use our guest pass. Lucky for us the person that turn us away the day before was the same and remember us.

Restaurant food was good but the service super slow. Made reservation as suggested, waited 10 minutes before I could flag down a server and 10 more mins to get a table. 15 minutes to get serve. Summary we arrive at the restaurant at 8 pm finally rec'd drinks at 8:45 and food at 9 PM. Would I go back - no way, as I was suppose to relax and not have a test of patience

Room Tip: Don't go even if you get a Groupon discount coupon. Just go to Collingwodd and rent a hotel room...
2  Thank DC972
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We got a dealfind $59 voucher for 2 nights and 3 days stay in a standard room.The only requirement of this was to attend a 90 mins presentation.

Our stay was very pleasant and the room was a also quite nice. the only thing which was a bit unpleasant was the service at their restaurant.. 1. Service was very slow... 2. Not enough attention was given to customers.. I believe this is due to the inadequate staff. There were only 2 service people for the entire restaurant.

Rest everything was quite good.. Most of the sight seeing places are near to the resort. No complaints about the RCI presentation, front desk or any other hotel staff.. ALL GOOD :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FunTraveller750
Duanegmr, Guest Relations Manager at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you for your review, we are certainly happy to hear you had a nice time. I apologize that you felt the service was slow in the restaurant, it does happen that we get too busy for our own good sometimes, we make every effort to service all of our guests in a timely manner and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Sincerely;

Duane Lee
promo@georgianmanorresort.com

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I just want to say thanks to Georgian Manor for making our 3 night stay a great experience. We decided to give the resort a try for a relaxing get away. We stayed September 6-8 and we were not disappointed. Check-in was seamless as was front desk help getting us settled into our room. We had the one bedroom suite with comfy king bed. I'm picky with room cleanliness, especially bathrooms and everything in our room was spotless and loved the new decor. We were busy on the go touring Collingwood, however, the couple of cloudy/rainy days, we took the opportunity to check out the facilities, including the Chill Spa. We used the indoor pool which I liked and my husband didn't let the rain stop him using the outdoor pool. We were impressed with the entrance into the resort as well as how well the grounds were taken care of. The golfing looked like fun as many people were out playing, however, the day we were going to go we were rained out. No big deal, we went shopping at an outdoor market and a leisurely drive westward along the Georgian Bay to Meaford. RELAXING....
We did not spend every hour at the resort, however, we did eat breakfasts both continental and the buffet and the odd lunch. I really liked the buffet as the food was fresh, hot and tasty. Fresh yummy omelette's made to order right in front of you by Merv. We had Mehgan as our server and she kept our coffee cup filled. The buffet filled us up so much so that we never were hungry usually till the evening meal. While the resort was busy, it was not noisy, which we both appreciated. We arrived with a positive attitude of knowing what we wanted and we can say that we are happy with our experience. We will be back again with looking forward to being pampered at the Chill Spa and the next time...... golfing. Cheers from Nova Scotia!!!

Room Tip: Room 233........terrific. Comfy king bed. Nice new decor. One bedroom with kitchenette with stove...
2  Thank BillyDick

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and all the way from Nova Scotia as well. We always appreciate hearing from our guests who enjoy their stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Sincerely;

Duane Lee
promo@georgianmanorresort.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
#5 of 11 in Collingwood
Living Water Resort
Living Water Resort
#2 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!