I stayed Aug 11-13 with my 2 girls (4 yrs old and 15 months) and my parents stayed 2 nights longer. This hotel is quite basic but there's potential for it to be much better - needs a major investment to bring it up to a good level. We arrived late, around 8pm after a brutal drive. The check in staff were very courteous and they immediately arranged to have a pack n play set up in the room for the baby (although I had specifically requested this at the time of booking they waited until we arrived to set it up...bit odd). I asked the maintenance guy who was setting up the pack n play if there was room service so I could get the kids something quick n easy to eat. "No room service but there is a restaurant but it's closed now...it was BBQ night but that just finished". So we had no way of getting any food (but I had a bunch of snacks and fruit).
The bed was very comfy, the bathroom was TINY, couldn't swing a cat in it and it was arranged in such a way that you bumped into everything. We had an old TV, the big box type and the picture was quite poor on the majority of the the channels. But it was sufficient to entertain the girls. They have a Keurig machine in the room which is great but the coffee was not replenished the next day and then I read the leaflet next to the machine and it appeared that you had to go and buy the k-cups. Never experienced that in any hotel ever before and it's a bit tight of them to expect guests to pay $1 per k-cup....
On our fist full day we checked out the outdoor pool, which was a bit cloudy. A few hours later we decided to go in the pool; we were directed to a commercial type laundry facility to get towels and while I was there another guest advised us that the outdoor pool had just been closed down by health/water inspectors - apparently the water quality was dodgy so they closed it down......eugh... And this guest had been swimming in the pool all morning - he was fairly good humoured about it and joked that him and his son weren't feeling too bad....yet...
We then went in the indoor pool. If it hadn't been for my 4 year old BEGGING to go swimming you would have had to take a gun to my head to get me in that pool. Absolutely disgusting - the whole thing needs to be refurbished and cleaned up. I kept flip flops on the whole time - it just didn't feel clean enough and there was a dirty 'tide mark' all around the white tiles of the pool. Ack! We scrubbed ourselves when we got out.
All in all the Georgian is a hotel/resort that needs a makeover and renovation. The decor is old and tired, the pools are just awful and the restaurant only stays open tip 8.30 which is unacceptable. The only saving grace is the staff - everyone I encountered who works there is really great but even grew, courteous staff can't make up for a lacklustre, shabby establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Bay Hotel offers superior hotel rooms, one, two, and three bedroom suites, indoor and outdoor pools, a tennis court, a children's playground, a workout room, and Superstition Golf, a spectacularly landscaped 18 hole professional family putting course. Our recent renovations have transformed Georgian Bay Hotel and Conference Centre into a stunning venue. From corporate events, corporate meetings and retreats, weddings and private parties, our freshly re-designed event rooms are ideal for a variety of occasions. State-of-the-art technology and a selection of venues that vary from small intimate events to ballrooms that can accommodate up to 400 plus people make the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Center the perfect location for your next meeting, retreat or event. The Spa at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Our intimate spa setting is sure to help you leave your cares behind. If your personal goal is relaxation, beautification or wellness our highly trained staff can help. The combination of comfort and personalized attention will be sure to fulfill your vision of the perfect day spa experience. We provide a full line of services including registered massage therapy, specialty body treatments, skin care using Eminence Organic products, hand and foot care, and specialized retreat days. Our spa professionals are dedicated to creating and providing customized treatments that will exceed your expectations in both product quality and service. Book a party and our spa manager will be happy to help plan for any special occasion. Gustav Chophouse & Bar? Offering a unique, refined and comfortable dining destination located in the lobby of the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre. As the name suggests, Gustav offers classic chophouse fare with a modern touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgian Manor Hotel Collingwood
- Georgian Manor Collingwood
- Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Collingwood, Canada - Ontario