Myself,my husband and 9 year old child arrived on the Saturday and checked in at the Manor. We met with Winston and were given voutures for dinner and breakfast. We were registered at the sister location down the sreet. When making the reservation I was told that the location would have an indoor/outdoor pool where you were able to swim indoors and proceed outdoors in the same pool. Huh! the pool was totally outdoors and the hot tub as well! We were told we would have a view of the ski slopes. The only view we had was of a dumpster behind the Toronto Ski School!! It started snowing about 6:00p.m. and we had made reservations at the Georgia Manor to experience the cuisine. (As the Mountain View did not have a restaurant at all) We drove through a snow storm to get there and brought our son over to the the Childrens play house. After being greeted by a young girl and checking with her as to there program we left our son to enjoy the activities and Pizza dinner. We went into the dining room for dinner which was the highlight of our stay. The service was very good. We barely got back to the hotel in the storm, there were two accidents going up the hill. The electricity went out at 10:00p.m. and therefore we had no heat for several hours. When we awoke in the morning it was still snowing and luckily we had brought food for breakfast as there were no restaurants within walking distance as we were told there would be (unless you think a 45 minute walk is walking distance for a young child). We decided due to the weather it would be best for us to leave as soon as possibe and I tried to reach the tour operator to reschedule our tour but unfortunately the phones were out at the Georgian Manor and there was no way to contact them. We packed up and went to the Georgian Manor (it is still snowing) I went to the front desk and explained we were leaving and that I had been trying to reach them for the past hour to reschedule our tour. The front desk clerk said that it was understandable due to the weather that we were leaving and not to worry she would let the tour guide know that we had to leave due to weather. Also she assured me that our Credit Card would be credited. I was more than willing to take the tour earlier that day but not being able to reach them made it very difficult. I was concerned for the safety of my family as they were forecasting even more snow throughout the day. As it was our trip home was treacherous. I grew up going to the Laurentians in Quebec and have lived across from Horseshoe Valley Resort so I know what it can be like to drive in a snow storm but I really did fear for our lives that day.
When I received my credit card statement I was shocked to see that the charge had not been credited. I called the hotel and explained our circumstances but was told that because we did not take the tour we were to be charged. I couldn't believe it. The only reason we were at the resort was to have a tour in that we did not ski and in the time we were there there was not much else to do as we were at the other location (do not suggest that location unless people are staying for much longer). I was told because we used the facility without taking the tour we would be charged. I don't understand a marketing company that would treat people that way? We arrived in good faith to take the tour. If it hadn't been for the weather we would have been there to enjoy the tour. We tried to reach those responsible for the tour.
It is not the money, it is the principle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Bay Hotel offers superior hotel rooms, one, two, and three bedroom suites, indoor and outdoor pools, a tennis court, a children's playground, a workout room, and Superstition Golf, a spectacularly landscaped 18 hole professional family putting course. Our recent renovations have transformed Georgian Bay Hotel and Conference Centre into a stunning venue. From corporate events, corporate meetings and retreats, weddings and private parties, our freshly re-designed event rooms are ideal for a variety of occasions. State-of-the-art technology and a selection of venues that vary from small intimate events to ballrooms that can accommodate up to 400 plus people make the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Center the perfect location for your next meeting, retreat or event. The Spa at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Our intimate spa setting is sure to help you leave your cares behind. If your personal goal is relaxation, beautification or wellness our highly trained staff can help. The combination of comfort and personalized attention will be sure to fulfill your vision of the perfect day spa experience. We provide a full line of services including registered massage therapy, specialty body treatments, skin care using Eminence Organic products, hand and foot care, and specialized retreat days. Our spa professionals are dedicated to creating and providing customized treatments that will exceed your expectations in both product quality and service. Book a party and our spa manager will be happy to help plan for any special occasion. Gustav Chophouse & Bar? Offering a unique, refined and comfortable dining destination located in the lobby of the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre. As the name suggests, Gustav offers classic chophouse fare with a modern touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgian Manor Hotel Collingwood
- Georgian Manor Collingwood
- Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Collingwood, Canada - Ontario