Like other reviews, we as well were upgraded to a suite--- a suite that was acceptable in 1970- the decor was extremely dated and the hallways and surrounding area had a very strange ordour.
The resort is extremely small in size with little to do for vacationers without children. The resort does not offer entertainment - only on Saturdays - and the bar does not open until dinner. On a positive note, the menu in the lobby restaurant was quite good.
Surrounding area including Blue Mountain Village and shopping area in Collingwood was great.
The spa is quite relaxing and under separate ownership from the resort. They really go the extra mile to ensure your spa time is excellent.
The sale of the time share took 2 hours and 10 minutes for them to except our No response. Not only were we dealing with our allocated salesperson, but also three of his "goons" trying to pressure us. The final gentleman we had to sit with is the one who provides the cheque for $100.00. We had said No many times and finally when we stood up to leave, he raised his voice and said that if we wanted our $100.00 we needed to give him 5 more minutes and sit back down. It was a joke. On a positive note, the time shares were very nicely decorated - but the high pressure sales from what seemed like untrustworthy individuals was enough to turn us off - and make the resort in it's entirity look scummy.
Overall - the surrounding area of Collingwood was a great spot to vacation - but as a word of caution - don't go just to have $100.00 discounted from your bill - you will be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Bay Hotel offers superior hotel rooms, one, two, and three bedroom suites, indoor and outdoor pools, a tennis court, a children's playground, a workout room, and Superstition Golf, a spectacularly landscaped 18 hole professional family putting course. Our recent renovations have transformed Georgian Bay Hotel and Conference Centre into a stunning venue. From corporate events, corporate meetings and retreats, weddings and private parties, our freshly re-designed event rooms are ideal for a variety of occasions. State-of-the-art technology and a selection of venues that vary from small intimate events to ballrooms that can accommodate up to 400 plus people make the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Center the perfect location for your next meeting, retreat or event. The Spa at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Our intimate spa setting is sure to help you leave your cares behind. If your personal goal is relaxation, beautification or wellness our highly trained staff can help. The combination of comfort and personalized attention will be sure to fulfill your vision of the perfect day spa experience. We provide a full line of services including registered massage therapy, specialty body treatments, skin care using Eminence Organic products, hand and foot care, and specialized retreat days. Our spa professionals are dedicated to creating and providing customized treatments that will exceed your expectations in both product quality and service. Book a party and our spa manager will be happy to help plan for any special occasion. Gustav Chophouse & Bar? Offering a unique, refined and comfortable dining destination located in the lobby of the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre. As the name suggests, Gustav offers classic chophouse fare with a modern touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgian Manor Hotel Collingwood
- Georgian Manor Collingwood
- Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Collingwood, Canada - Ontario