“If you like smoked food, this is a place for you”
Review of TheSmoke

TheSmoke
Reserve with OpenTable
TheSmoke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 116 Restaurants in Collingwood
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TheSmoke has taken BBQ to a Whole New Level. From traditional award winning BBQ such as succulent Smoked Ribs, Beef Brisket, Chicken and Pulled Pork to Non Traditional BBQ such as Smoked Trout, Smoked Balls of Meat, Smoked Burgers and Smoked Ice Cream. Everything is made from scratch on the premises from the Chef's own recipes. Recently filmed for the Food Network Show, "You Gotta Eat Here" Season 4, with Host John Catucci, tells you we are doing something right. We have also won many awards, including the People's Choice Award for Collingwood's Taste of The Town, two years in a row. Our menu offers creative BBQ Sandwiches, like a Wild Boar Bacon Lettuce, Tomato and Smoked Cheddar Sandwich (WBBTLC) on grilled Sourdough, to our "Cow Meats Pig" Sandwich (basically and Beef Brisket sandwich on top of their Pulled Pork sandwich. Also voted "Best Burgers" by Days Out Ontario, with their smoked Beef, Turkey or Salmon Burgers, or the Poutine Burger, Pig on a Patty or Wholly Cow. Don't leave out the other mains, like Smoked Salmon, Trout, Wings, Brisket, Pulled Pork and Bacon Wrapped Loaf of Meat. And pick one or two sides from Sweet Potato Fries, Mac n Cheese, BBQ Beans (a 24 hour process to make), Salads and more. In addition to dine in, and take out, we also have take home. Most of the meats are smoked and fully cooked, individually cry-o-vacked, ready to take home and re-heat. From Full racks of Pork Back Ribs, Smoked Burgers, Trout, Bacon and More. Everything is made in house, and full of flavour. Five house made BBQ sauces are at the table to play with, and purchase to take home
Canada
“If you like smoked food, this is a place for you”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was my third experience at TheSmoke and it did not disappoint. The service and food were excellent. We called for a reservation for 11 people on short notice and they were able to fit us in for an early dinner tonight. Lucky because the place was packed when we left.

I had the feature half rack of ribs and wings with two sides. I like to get my smoked meats dry so I can try different combinations of their sauces. The menu of sauces is colour coded to correspond with the lids on the containers at the table so you can't go wrong. Clever!

The only thing I would change is the mandatory gratuity on large groups. I really resent that. I understand that when it is a crowd of teenagers chipping in their cash that the server might get shorted on the gratuity. That needs to be dealt with. When the server's opening remark is that there is a 15% gratuity automatically, that doesn't sit well with me. Basically the customer is being told "You will pay extra for your meal regardless of how good the service is, because there are so many of you".

Well the service was good, not great and our food for the group came out over a span of about 10 minutes. We could see the server impatiently tapping her fingers as she waited for the kitchen staff to get things right. So no blame on her for that problem. She would no doubt have received as much or more of a gratuity but because of the policy, she got what she got.

Definitely worth a stop in if you like that style of food.

• Visited April 2014

“A Special Place”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

It seems so many restaurants offer pretty much the same items on their menus, it is refreshing to find somewhere that tries to be different. The Smoke does just that. Sure, Pulled Pork is everywhere these days, but it really belongs here. Barbeque is their specialty, as you realize from the smokey atmosphere the moment you enter. That theme is carried throughout a surprisingly broad list of offerings. This is the place for carnivores.

Being our third visit, it only reinforced the previous good experiences. Our Wednesday lunch meant that Pork Ribs were featured, so three of us went that way. It was our first time with this selection and we were all impressed. The fourth main ordered was Beef Brisket Sandwich, and he was very happy. The meat was not at all dry as suggested in another review. Our server, Ashley, was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Service was prompt, food delicious and portions ample.

I must comment on an earlier review (Feb. 19/14) which slammed The Smoke for declining his take-away request. While I can understand his disappointment, his scoring is most unfair. Every restaurant suffers situations that overwhelm their ability to prepare food. This person's request was denied rather than providing unacceptable service. I think he was fairly treated and should appreciate the honourable decision made by the management.

We will return.

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Avoid the brisket”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Foods okay aside from the brisket which was super dry. Room is nice. Service is okay.
Beer was good, but I have creemore to thank for that.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Fudi63
Cam D, Owner at TheSmoke, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
I am sorry your Brisket was dry. I wish you would have mentioned something to your server, as we would have corrected the issue immediately. We have served over 7,000 pounds of Smoked Beef Brisket, and to date, I may have had 5 people complain. There are two parts to a Brisket, the Point and the Flat. The Flat is the leaner section, and sometimes it can dry if left out. The Point has more fat, and is always juicy. We don't smother our brisket in BBQ sauce, like other BBQ places. We want you to taste the meat. I think a "poor" rating is a little harsh, since you did say the food was okay. We want all of our customers to "love" our food, and most do. Again, you should have told your server. You would have written a very different review.
“Tasty!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a late lunch on the weekend. I splurged and ordered the poutine burger with side daily soup (butternut squash curry soup). Side was a good choice since the burger had some fries on it and was very filling. Bernaise sauce was a tasty addition instead of the usual ketchup. Hubby had the "Cow Meats Pig" burger: beef brisket with pulled pork, and a side of sweet potato fries. He enjoyed it as well. Friendly service. Love having a choice of side instead of just fries. I was here once before quite a while ago and I was more impressed this visit.

Warren, Canada
“definitely a meat lover's resto”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Great Resto with a casual feel. Great for Sunday brunch or evening dining. Definitely a meat lover's place. They do have an excellent portobello mushroom burger. My 2nd visit and will be back.