“Came recommended”
Review of TheSmoke

TheSmoke
Reserve with OpenTable
TheSmoke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 118 Restaurants in Collingwood
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TheSmoke has taken BBQ to a Whole New Level. From traditional award winning BBQ such as succulent Smoked Ribs, Beef Brisket, Chicken and Pulled Pork to Non Traditional BBQ such as Smoked Trout, Smoked Balls of Meat, Smoked Burgers and Smoked Ice Cream. Everything is made from scratch on the premises from the Chef's own recipes. Recently filmed for the Food Network Show, "You Gotta Eat Here" Season 4, with Host John Catucci, tells you we are doing something right. We have also won many awards, including the People's Choice Award for Collingwood's Taste of The Town, two years in a row. Our menu offers creative BBQ Sandwiches, like a Wild Boar Bacon Lettuce, Tomato and Smoked Cheddar Sandwich (WBBTLC) on grilled Sourdough, to our "Cow Meats Pig" Sandwich (basically and Beef Brisket sandwich on top of their Pulled Pork sandwich. Also voted "Best Burgers" by Days Out Ontario, with their smoked Beef, Turkey or Salmon Burgers, or the Poutine Burger, Pig on a Patty or Wholly Cow. Don't leave out the other mains, like Smoked Salmon, Trout, Wings, Brisket, Pulled Pork and Bacon Wrapped Loaf of Meat. And pick one or two sides from Sweet Potato Fries, Mac n Cheese, BBQ Beans (a 24 hour process to make), Salads and more. In addition to dine in, and take out, we also have take home. Most of the meats are smoked and fully cooked, individually cry-o-vacked, ready to take home and re-heat. From Full racks of Pork Back Ribs, Smoked Burgers, Trout, Bacon and More. Everything is made in house, and full of flavour. Five house made BBQ sauces are at the table to play with, and purchase to take home
Ontario, Canada
“Came recommended”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I smoke at home and have travelled many Km throughout North America eatung at different smoke restaurants. The Smoke was ok but it was lacking true smoke flavour. It tasted as though the rubs were re heated using steam. Mac and cheese was watery and beans tasted like they were from can. It wasn't a bad meal but it was a bit disapointing in the SMOKE category.

1 Thank Steve Y

Collingwood, Canada
“Decent - not great!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very nice atmosphere and good service. Food was good - little overpriced - and not really anything special!

• Visited December 2013
Collingwood, Canada
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Been to the smoke a couple of times and had a couple of different dishes like the pulled pork and burgers. They are my two favorite items at the smoke and the burgers just melt in your mouth. 5 stars!!!

• Visited April 2014
Penetanguishene, Canada
“Wow! D-Licious!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

So it was our one year anniversary. We spent the day at the spa, stayed at the Holiday Inn and wanted a nice fancy dinner. We made reservations about 2 km away and decided to walk. On our way we spotted The Smoke. The succulent sight of Smoked Ribs caught our attention. We called and cancelled our prior reservations and decided to eat here.
Lets just say we got a TON of food with our meals. The Ribs, wings, potatoe salad, fries and gravy and salads were ALL so amazing. We have nothing bad to say about the food. We each got half a rack of ribs with all of the above and split everything and we left with some ...for $75 including drinks. That's awesome
The only downfall to the place was that the bathroom wasn't as clean as I expected , soap all over the floor.. But hey, it's the food that counts. We'd go back in a heartbeat as the menu is HUGE!
So pleased :)

• Visited May 2014
“Never Returning To The Smoke”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I went to the Smoke for the first time and I ordered "The Mini Beef Buster Burger." I have a severe allergy to dairy and when I ordered the burger, I stated that I had the allergy and told them not to put anything containing milk on the burger, like cheese. When the burger arrived, I bit into the burger and quickly realized that the bun was coated in butter. When we notified the server, she checked with the chef and returned, saying, "Oh, you told us that you had an allergy to dairy, not butter." The waitress seemed to think that butter was not made out of milk. They brought me another burger without butter but they weren't very apologetic. I ended up with an allergic reaction, later that evening. I will never return to the smoke.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Justin B
Cam D, Owner at TheSmoke, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
We do take allergies VERY seriously. I remember hearing about your experience. I believe you came in mid February. Unfortunately, your server let all of us down. Some people are lactose intolerant, and others like you, allergic to all dairy. Since your episode in February, we have implemented systems, and educated both front and back of house on the critical nature of allergies. I apologize for your reaction, it should not have happened. I am only grateful that it was not more serious. If you change your mind, and will give us another chance, please ask to see me. I would like to personally apologize, and reassure you that it will not happen again.