“Hmmmmm where's the service”
Review of Alpine Lodge

Alpine Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Collingwood
Alpine Lodge
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Reviewed 19 December 2005

well lets see I found that it was in fact a clean place to stay and also found that the manager of the place must have tons of work to do because he never left the office not even to provide the customer clean towels, any place i have stayed in that is a service I even had the sign saying that i was out so that it could be done and well nothing. I never seen a cleaner or a maid or anything that day but i feel that if the manager wanted to have a happy customer he could have done the service. I stayed her because of the low price and sometimes i guess you get what you pay for

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Guelph, ON
Reviewed 9 August 2005

I spent a wonderful long weekend at The Alpine this July. The accomodations were extremely clean and well cared for. The restaurant offers a wide variety of dishes at good prices. And management went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable. I am looking forward to my next stay with them.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2005

The Alpine lodge is a clean motel with great management and reasonable prices. There is a heated outdoor pool, tennis courts, picnic tables, and air-conditioned rooms. The motel is pleasant, relaxing, and a great place to take your family to. I have been there several times, and have enjoyed my stay every time.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ridgetown Ontario
Reviewed 9 July 2005

Smaller friendly Lodge, reasonable prices, New Management wipes out all previous problem reports. Restraurant attached 'MARYS' is elegant eating at reasonable prices - cozy atmosphere. Location - excellent - out of town short distance - quite. Older lodge but very clean.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kitchener, Ontario
Reviewed 3 April 2005

My friend and I were the recipients of a "free" one night stay at the Alpine Lodge in Collingwood the end of October 2004. The offer was made by Sun Ski Vacations as part of their promotional vacation package. The Alpine Lodge was one of their accomodations.

The place was clean enough but was furnished in a minimalist fashion and in fact is a Motel not a Lodge. A Motel is an off the road quick night sleep with no extras and this is what the Alpine Lodge offers. In all fairness, the Alpine Lodge does not pretend to be what it isn't, but the Sun Ski Vacations have still not reimbursed me for the cost of the overnight stay.

The restaurant food is good and the staff friendly enough but a Lodge it is Not.

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
North Bay, Ontario
Reviewed 30 March 2005

The reviews speak for themselves so ... anyone invited to stay at the Alpine Lodge should beware of the company inviting you. We found the company to be unprofessional and not at all "upfront". Five months after their presentation we have yet to receive the promised "incentive" gift. Phonecalls receive a runaround ... and no one wants to give either their name or the name of a superior - and that action (or lack of it) speaks for itself.

• Stayed: October 2004, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded 27 July 2005

I must say that I am truly sorry for dealing with the time share company that most of these reviews are talking about. When this comapny would call people and tell them that they won a free stay at a 5 star resort and then when they would show up at my motel they felt that they where lied to and I cant blame then at all for being angry I would be two for I am not a 5 star resort
What I am is a clean motel with an outdoor heated pool 86 degrees with tenis courts and nice outdoor fire pit with picnic tables and bbqs it is exelant for
Inexpensive famley getaways. When I was dealing with the time share co I had no Idea that the timeshare company where cockroaches and I will never use them again!

Reviewed 1 February 2005

This motel was very dumpy, the people next door to our room were yelling all night, the first thing i heard when i walked in was crickets...? and this again was the lodge used by a company for free getaways in return for sitting through a 90 minute presentation...i would never go again

4  Thank meyerc14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre
#9 of 11 in Collingwood
Mariner Motor Hotel
Mariner Motor Hotel
#8 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Alpine Lodge? Share your experiences!